𝐑𝐌𝐖| 𝟗

RIGHT MY WRONGS

RIGHT MY WRONGS

LOS ANGELS, CALIFORNIA ˚
ᴛᴜᴇsᴅᴀʏ , ғᴇʙʀᴜᴀʀʏ 𝟸𝟾ᴛʜ
𝟷:𝟸𝟹 ᴘᴍ

chapter nine. % ␆
☄︎. *. ⋆
⋆·˚ ༘ * 🔭🦔

"WE GO ON IN TEN MINUTES I need you all ready, now." Coach Shay announced while clapping her hands at her step team.

Vassiah and Brailyn would be the first two steppers to hit the gym floor in front of their school for the Black History Month pep rally. The whole team had on red and black camouflage pants, they fit pretty baggy around their legs but tight around their waists so they didn't fall. They had on black combat boots and black short sleeved shirts on.

Vassiah was at the front because the normal captain, Malaya, was sick and couldn't be at school today, Vassiah was the only one to volunteer to take her spot next to Brailyn. The girls lined up outside the gym as people ran in, the lunch bell had just rang.

She ran her hand through her ankle length braids that her aunt had just done for her last night. She loved how they looked but hated how they dragged and laid on the ground when she sat down. "You sure you know Malaya's routine?" Brailyn asked.

Vassiah only nodded, not bothering to give her a verbal answer. She had been back at school for about a week now and she had went untouched by Brailyn, just like she thought she would.

She currently was stretching a bit, she hadn't been feeling well all day but she was trying to push through it since she was Malaya's backup and they didn't have another. Kori was right behind Vassiah, "V, I know you didn't really get ankle length braids."

She laughed and touched her red braids, "I sure did. I told you I would."

"I didn't think you were serious." She reached forward to touch her braids, admiring the work. "Your aunt has blessed hands. And she's so cheap, tell her to up her prices."

"Girl," Brailyn rolled her eyes. "She's cheap because you fucking her son, don't be dumb."

"And you cheap for fucking Vassiah's nigga, mind yo' business ho." Kori snapped, looking over at her. Vassiah just laughed softly as their coach came back over to them.

Coach Shay rested her hands on her hips as she thought about something, her train of thought broke when she looked at Vassiah who was staring off into space. "Vassiah, what's wrong?"

Vassiah looked at her and shook her head, "Nothin'. I'm fine."

"You would tell me if you wasn't, right?" The coach asked, moving her own hair out of her face, moving it away from her lipgloss.

She nodded this time, "I'm good, I promise."

It was two minutes until they went on and Vassiah was dizzy now but she just crouched down and took a few deep breaths, Brailyn assumed that was just her way to calm her nerves so she didn't say anything. Almost the whole school was in the gym including staff members and they were waiting for the step team, everyone loved the step team.