goals

I have no goals.
And somehow that is shocking.

I can understand that because I too was once filled with boxes I wanted to check off.
But I learned better and slowly that kind of ambition left me.

I once had a goal to become as strong and worthy of praise to prove myself to someone. To earn their praise and be strong like them.

I once had a goal to be the prettiest on the group, to always be the best dressed and sweetest.

I once had a goal to get curves and thickness to my body by going to the gym and eating well.

I once had a goal of being ripped and having abs and visible arm muscles.

I once had many goals: to graduate with my childhood crush, and many such unatainable things.

But I learned that if I set unreachable expectations, once I try and can't do it, I'd give up entirely.

So in a way, the only goal this goal-less person has is to be happy and do the right thing.
To be a good person.

And if going to the gym makes me happy?
I'm going to do it.
But whatever I'm going to do,
I'm going to do it well.

If studying makes me happy,
I'm going to do it.
And I'm going to do it well.

And if something else helps me develop a good character?
You bet I'm gonna do it.
And I'm gonna do it with a good attitude too.

So yeah. I dont have any goals. I just want to be a regular good person and happy.

And if you can't process that?
Sorry honey, but move on by.