won't you wait?

I asked you what you thought, what's going on inside that beautiful head of yours, your thoughts running by a mile a minute but you're just standing there in the middle of it all, watching it speed past as you held your broken heart in your hands after i handed it back to you and left.

I'd be lying if I said i didn't ask my friends about a million times how you were doing, and how you were holding up. 

I'd be lying if I said i didn't check every day to see how you are by the sound of your voice, the noises you make when its just the two of us, they bring me more comfort than any words you say.

and I know its too soon to ask, and even worse to think it so I won't, but it'll always be in the back of mind and top of my heart's wishes, won't you wait for me?

Grow in love and grace, gain wisdom and strength from Him, but don't forget me will you?

Its the reason I left, to go chase after Him and what He wanted for me, and I know I shouldn't look back so I'll try and dream for the future.

But even though I'm trying to move forward, my heart is still with yours and always will be so please don't blame me when I wish that you'd wait for me and let me have your heart once more.

so please, won't you wait for me?

its okay if you don't, I'll understand and wish you the best with all my heart but know you still have it and it'll never leave.