did you even know

did you even know that I never realized how precious every noise you made was until your words stopped coming my way?

did you know how much I'd forgotten because I focused on you, and couldn't take my eyes off my phone waiting for a text from you?

I'd nearly forgotten how much I liked feeling sore from working out and running harder than I ever could, hitting the ball with the tennis racket as strong as I could, feeling the cool dirt underneath my toes, climbing trees, and feeling the wind blow through my hair?

did you even know how much I idolized you in my mind? How I truly believe that you could chase my troubles away so I stuck by your side without letting you breathe.

did you even know how much I love you? no matter where you came from, moved from, your past life and bonds, what you told me, and what you kept from me, it didn't matter because this was all you and I love all of it. Good and bad I was ready to work through it all and love you no matter what, support you through whatever we face.

did you even know that I left every thought of right or wrong behind when I chased after you?

did you even know I fell for you the second we met, I just didn't realize it then.

did you know that every time I said goodbye I really meant till later because I could never really let go of you?

did you know that when I cry at night or silently during the day I always want you, to hold me, to hug me like no tomorrow?

Now everything is different, and I know it's my fault. 

The reason I cry is because I changed it all.

It's because of you.

It's because of them.

It's because of her.

It's because of me.

It's because there's no longer an "us".

and I doubt that there ever will be.