46.

It was Ballon D'Or night.

The players that were nominated from the Barcelona squat as well as their friends and families got a charter machine towards the city of love - Paris.

On that plane of course Erin and Alexia, as well as Alexia's sister Alba and their mother. Erin had actually met Alexia's mother by now so thankfully, she wasn't that nervous now that she was seeing her again.

"Hi there", she smiles as she embraces her daughters girlfriend in a tight hug, wrapping her arms around the taller blondes neck while Alexia hugs her sister.

"Hola, Alba", Alexia chuckles, wrapping her arms around her sisters upper body before going over to her mother, all of them embracing lovingly.

"You look extremely nervous, mi nino. What's wrong?", her mother wonders, holding Alexia by her face as the captain just closes her eyes, shaking her head as she tries to convince her mother that everything was alright.

Maybe she was trying to convince herself as well.

"Just a little nervous, mama. I'm just excited, I guess", Alexia shrugs it off, laying an arm around her mothers shoulders while Alba and Erin were already on their way towards the plane, walking through that huge tunnel leading there.

"Know that I'm extremely proud of you, mi nino. No matter what happens tonight", the older woman assures, stroking her daughters back.

They all take their places on the plane, Alexia and Erin sitting beside each other while Alba and their mother shared the row in front of them.

Beside them, the other four nominated players of the Barcelona Femini joined the plane. Fridolina, Lucy, Aitana and Asistat, all of them arriving with their families that filled the plane pretty much up.

The flight was short, a little too short for Alexia's liking because the closer the last years winner got to the theatre in Paris, the more her heart beat increased.

She wasn't able to hide her nervousness.

"You don't have to be nervous, babe. It'll all work out in the end", Erin says, feeling the captain teaming beside her as she puts her hand on the captain thigh, stroking over the fabric of Alexia's jeans softly as she tries to comfort her girlfriend.

"And by the well you will be the most beautiful woman there tonight", Erin mumbles as she leans close towards Alexia's ear, talking as quiet as possible so no one would hear them.

The Barcelona captain blushes at that comment.

"You'll look very gorgeous yourself, mi amor. We bought those outfits together, remember?", Alexia blushes, trying to breath slowly when the plane comes to an landing, her nervousness overtaking the most part of her body as she feels her legs trembling underneath her.

"Just breathe", Erin says when she holds onto Alexia's hand tightly, stroking her cold fingers along the captains soft skin as she nuzzles into her neck for a few seconds while everyone else got already up from their seats, ready to leave that plane.

"I'm trying", the brown haired beauty murmurs, staring into their intertwined hands in their lap while the blonde chuckles slightly.

"I didn't make space at the shelve for no reason, babe. Just catch your breath and relax, it'll be over before you know it", Erin says, her voice relaxing but it still really didn't help the captain to calm down a bit.

The whole drive towards the hotel and the time they prepared for the ceremony weren't even better. Alexia's lungs were burning more like the hours before the championship's finale and somehow she couldn't make out why.