42.

Three days had passed.

Unfortunately, Alexia had to leave with the other team members for several appointments with the Spanish National team and Erin had yet to stay back in London at the hospital.

Yet, they talked to one another over face time several times a day and the captain wouldn't miss a single opportunity to not call her girlfriend.

Erin on the other hand was pretty bored, but already looking forward to finally get on the flight back to Barcelona.

Thankfully, the therapist would be able to fly home tomorrow morning, Austin being the one picking her up from the hospital and join her flight to Spain.

"Hola, mi amor", the captain answers the phone as Erin looks onto the small screen on her phone, seeing Alexia sitting in the car and Nala on the passenger seat.

The Spanish captain looked adorable.

Her hair straightened as she wears them open over her shoulders, some natural makeup on her face and a white cap on her head as she focuses on the ride.

"Hello there", Erin smiles, sitting up on her hospital bed as she looks down on herself, the white hospital gown covering most part of her body as she looks out the windows.

It was raining in England.

Other than in sunny Spain it was mostly raining.

"I can't wait to finally be back in the sun again", Erin chuckles, watching the light surrounding Alexia as the athlete grins into the phone while focusing on the road.

"I'm so excited for you to come back tomorrow. When is your flight again?", Alexia asks, a huge grin on her face as she peaks at the phone, watching Erin stand up slowly as the blonde makes her way towards the wardrobe.

"3 p.m. like I told you around 20 times already, Alexia", the blonde chuckles, holding onto the rail of the bed as she makes her way around it, stabilizing herself with one hand as she holds the phone up with another.

"I know. Just wanted to make sure the flight didn't get cancelled", the captain chuckles, her cheeks blushing as she wasn't really able to hide the excitement sue had been feeling for the last two days.

It was just better with Erin around.

Everything was better with Erin around.

"Before you're asking... I just checked the flight schedule five minutes ago", the blonde chuckles as she puts down the phone onto the night stand, reaching up towards the highest shelf of the wardrobe to get a hoodie.

It was the grey one Alexia left for her to wear for tue flight. The blonde loves that small gesture.

"Well, I hope nothing changed those last five minutes. What are you even doing? Aren't you supposed to stay in bed?", the captain wonders, staring towards the phone here and there as it was hard to focus on the road with Erin in the phone.

"I don't know. Im so excited already I thought I would start packing", the blonde chuckles, lifting up her small suitcase as she places it on the hospital bed.

"Erin, the doctor said you shouldn't move to much. Going to toilet is the only thing allowed out of bed", Alexia reminds her but still she couldn't stop the smile that was covering her face.

It was cute how excited Erin was to finally get that flight.

"Bathroom or wardrobe. What's the difference?", the blonde jokes, pulling that ugly white gown over her head as she picks up a Nike shirt, another clothing the captain had prepared for her to wear.

"You look like you're leaving right now", Alexia states, more in a statement tone than in a questioning one but the blonde just shakes her head.

"I wish I could but unfortunately I'm not allowed to, yet. Just preparing for tomorrow so I thought why not changing into something more... good looking", the blonde answer as she throws that white gown onto the floor, changing into the simple white Nike shirt she liked much better.