36.

Right after their shower, Alexia quickly changed into her training suit, saying her goodbyes to Erin right before she gets picked up by her new so called bodyguard.

And to be serious... Alexia hated it.

The second the taller, strong man was waiting for her in front of her door and took her to the elevator, she felt totally weird, since she was the only team member to receive this special treatment.

They stand there in the elevator, the security guard slightly in front of Alexia while the captain was on her phone, scrolling through instagram when the door opens midway downstairs.

Patri joins the elevator.

"Hola, Ale! Is that your new friend?", Patri asks, taking her place beside Alexia while the captain just looks up, throwing the midfielder an mad look.

"He's not my friend", Alexia says, her voice firm and clear while Patri nudges her side with her elbow.

"I'm just joking with you, La Reina. I hope you feel better with him around you", Patri shrouds, eyeing the security guard up and down when they arrive at the ground floor, the three of them stepping out as soon as the elevator arrives.

"It's not like I was asking for that. And how many times do I have to tell you that I don't like being called like that?", Alexia says sadly, making her way towards the bus with Patri, while the guard is walking behind them, his arms hanging at the sides of his body while he was wearing sunglasses.

"Is it true? You really have a stalker?", Patri asks, trying to keep her voice quiet while Alexia nervously fiddles with her fingers.

She really felt uncomfortable with that topic being brought up.

"There was someone following me, yes. Erin insisted someone watching after me so here we are", Alexia says, not meaning this in a bad way. She just felt so uncomfortable with the security guard around her.

"She's just worried about you, Ale. I wish someone would look out for me like Erin is for you. She truly loves you, amigo", the Spanish smiles, throwing her arm around Alexia's shoulders before they step into the bus.

Of course, the guard was following closely behind like Jorge instructed him to.

"I know", Alexia sighs, her lips forming the smallest of a sad smile, when she turns back, looking at the guard who was just taking his place two rows behind them.

"It is just awkward", Alexia adds, resting back in her seat as she arranges her cap, her sunglasses on when she scrolls through WhatsApp, trying to read all those unread messages that had arrived in the last few days.

She just couldn't motivate herself to answer all of them, since she wasn't a phone person at all.

"Are you nervous for the game tomorrow?", Patri asks, resting back into the seat when she turns her head to Alexia.

The captain just shakes her head.

"Apparently not. Or maybe not yet. I feel like we're so well prepared for this. I feel like we're ready. Like nothing can stop us now", Alexia shrugs, a smile growing on her lips when she suddenly realizes that it was finale day tomorrow.

It was going to be one of the biggest days in her career. The biggest day of their team members careers, too.

"Hey there, Ale! Hello Patri!", a female voice suddenly resounds.

It was Mapi, peaking through the space between the seats from her row behind them when she eyes the two midfielders.

"Hola, Mapi", Alexia chuckles dryly, rolling her eyes at the sight of the grin the blonde defender was wearing on her lips.