32.

It was the evening after the match against Germany had taken place and after dinner with the group, Erin was finally back at her hotel room.

Since the words the Spanish captain had said to the blonde after the game, the therapist could barely think of anything else.

Even at the dinner table with the others she was out, her mind going wild at every thought that had to do with the given instructions.

The therapist switches off the water, testing the warmth with her pointer finger, while holding her bathrobe closed with the other.

She was just about to take off the bathrobe and get into the tub like she was instructed to earlier, when the door of the hotel room opens.

Erin remains silent as she stands still, a vibrating feeling rushing through her body as she turns, eagerly looking towards the door.

"Alexia?", she asks, standing in front of the filled tub when the bathroom door opens, the blonde running her fingers nervously through her hair.

The athlete slowly opens the door, her head down and a cap covering her head, the straightened hair hanging over her shoulders.

Erin wasn't able to see the captains face, when an excited expression appears in the blondes face as she opens her bathrobe.

"Hey there, love", Erin smiles happily, taking a step towards the athlete as she stays silent, not looking up towards the woman.

She even didn't look up as soon as Erin lets the bathrobe drop to the floor, leaving the therapist standing completely naked in front of the Spanish.

"Alexia?", Erin asks, her voice slightly worried as she lifts her hand, caressing the woman's chin between her pointer finger and thumb as she softly lifts Alexia's chin.

Something was extremely wrong.

The captain presses her eyes shut as soon as her face comes into Erin's sight, the blondes lips slightly parting as she sees those red, wet cheeks on the brown haired woman's face.

"What's wrong, love?", Erin asks worried, caressing the captains cheeks as she wipes away all those tears that were running down her face.

Alexia just shakes her head, pressing her lips onto each other's as she opens her puffy eyes, a light hazel color coming into sight when she looks at Erin.

The blonde doesn't say anything.

She just embraces her girlfriend in a tight hug, taking off the athletes cap as she drops it onto the floor, tightly wrapping her arms around the captains neck.

"You don't need to cover that around me", the blonde mumbles, referring to the cap Alexia was trying to hide her sadness with. Like always, Erin's words had a comforting effect on the athlete.

Alexia doesn't speak up.

She just lifts her hands, resting them on the blondes bare skin of Erin's waist as she closes her eyes again, feeling more tears coming out.

"What is it, love? What happened?", Erin worries, tightening her arms around the woman's neck as she speaks with her comforting voice.

"It's just... the...", Alexia sobs, suddenly leaning away as she takes out her phone from her pocket, unlocking the screen as she opens the internet.

Erin looks at the captains shaking hands confused, as she sees Alexia's fingers typing something into the browser.

"See... there's...", Alexia stutters, turning the phone as she shows the screen to Erin, the blonde looking down to read what the captain was showing her but the athletes hands were shaking too much.