34.

"I don't know how this happened... I-", Alexia panics, looking at the empty spot on the grass as she approaches her girlfriend, tightly holding onto Erin's hand as she stands slightly behind her.

"Me neither... he passed out. He didn't move", Erin mumbles, just staring at the empty spot before looking towards Alexia, a light shine in her watery eyes was the only visible thing in the darkness.

"How about we walk you back to the hotel, love? You need to get some sleep, this day was very stressful", Erin suggests with a loving smile, trying to overplay the anger and fear she felt, as she leads the captain away from the park, towards the team hotel.

"Erin?", Alexia sighs as she holds onto the blondes hand, looking back over her shoulder time after time.

She could swear there was still someone following them. At least that's what she thought.

"Hm?", Erin breathes, locking her eyes with those watery hazel ones as she offers the captain a warm smile.

"Thank you for saving me", Alexia says, her words quiet and unsure as she speaks. She still couldn't believe that something like that happened to her.

Erin wraps her arm around the captains shoulders, walking them down a small street before turning left, not thinking about letting go of that beautiful woman anytime soon.

"Like I told you... I'm always there for you", Erin smiles, knowing well that the circumstances weren't some she wanted to happen again. But even if that case would occur, she was eager to stand up for Alexia again.

"I know", Alexia says, her words true.

She knew she could trust Erin with all her heart. Never in her life did Alexia trust anyone, that wasn't her mother or sister, that much.

Erin had a really important spot in her heart.

"And you really don't want to call the police?", Erin pushes, afraid that the next second she wasn't there to protect the Spanish captain, the stranger would come after her once again.

"I don't know... Erin. For now I just want to get into bed", Alexia mumbles sadly.

She needed time to process.

Time to think about what happened to hear and what could've happened if Erin wouldn't have been there so fast.

"Okay", Erin breathes, tightening her grip on Alexia's hand as they walk.

The rest of the walk was pretty silent. Just the two of them walking there side by side, processing what had happened this evening so far.

Alexia for her part couldn't wait to finally get into bed, even she wasn't sure that she would actually be able to get some sleep under these circumstances.

All the media appointments that day. The fact that they were going to play the finale in just to days. One of the biggest matches in her career. The fact that those websites were reporting things about her and Erin.

And last but not least... this stranger that appeared for the first time and Alexia didn't know what he wanted.

She was scared.

Scared that she would fail in any of those tasks. All she wanted was to do good. To do well. She wanted not only to impress Erin, or her family. Not only her trainer or teammates.

Most of all things she wanted to impress herself.

And not only on, but off the pitch as well.

"Are you okay?", Erin asks, when she feels how the captains mind was working beside her as they get into the elevator of the hotel.