41.

I wonder how it's possible that so many people keep reading those chapters but don't press the little star down there 😉

⬇️

"Alexia!", an unknown voice resounds, making the Spanish captain sit up.

"What?", Alexia wonders, rubbing her eyes when she looks around, noticing that it had been light outside as the sun was rising, Alba standing in front of her as she had her legs up on the chair beside her.

She didn't even remember falling asleep.

All Alexia remembers was being dragged out by Austin as the media als arrived earlier that night, right when Erin's heart rate monitor had thrown a signal.

Erin?!

"How's Erin?", Alexia asks, immediately standing up as suddenly all eyes were on her, the captain just now noticing the attendance of the doctor that was standing with the group.

"How's Erin?", she repeats, her voice safety and broken from all those tears as she now stares at the doctor.

"We were allowed to get her into an stable state. Now all we can do is wait", the doctor announces, leaving after a small nod as he goes for the staff area, Alexia sitting back down as she replays those words in her head.

Erin's stable.

She'll be okay.

"Thank god", Austin breathes, taking his place beside Alexia as they wrap their arms around each other, the captain keeping her eyes shut as she remembers those last hours of tragic.

It were some of the worst of her life.

Without another word Alexia stands up, strolling over towards the room where Erin had been laying for hours, the light of the morning shining through the window as she walks into the room.

Somehow, it felt more comforting at day, knowing it wasn't the silence and darkness covering the room. The monitors kept beeping in her normal pace, the sound of the breathing machine loud.

"Hola, mi amor", Alexia smiles, pulling the chair up to the blondes bed as she takes her seat like she had been earlier, grabbing her girlfriends hand as she intertwines their fingers.

Somehow, Erin's hands were even colder than usually. Or maybe it was because Alexia's hands were just so warm from the adrenaline.

Her palms were sweating.

"It's a new day... the sun is shining. Would be the perfect time to wake up, you know", Alexia mumbles, admiring the sun shining onto Erin's beautiful face while she reaches up, brushing a strand of hair out of the blondes pale face that was falling out of the bandage that was wrapped around the therapists head.

"I don't know how you manage to still look beautiful even though you're in a bad state", the Spanish captain chuckles softly, feeling her eyes watering as she leans down, brushing her lips softly again Erin's cold face.

"I feel bad, you know... hopefully you're not mad at me for bringing you in such a situation. If it wasn't for me then... never mind", Alexia mumbles, her words silencing at the last sentence.

She was blaming herself.

Thankfully her and the security guard were coming that fast. If not then Erin would probably not laying here right now.

"I just really hope you'll wake up soon", Alexia whispers after a small pause, brushing her hand softly over Erin's as she watches the blondes chest rising and falling by the machine.

"Because I need you, you know...", the brown haired woman adds with a sniffle, her other hand tightening it's grip around Erin she looks at the blondes chest, not able to take her eyes from her.