3.

It was the next morning and Erin arrives with her colleague Martha very early to prepare for the activation and the first appointments with the team.

They were the first on the pitch in the beautiful morning sun and Martha starts to build up the course while Erin takes her time to take in the fresh air.

"Daydreaming?", Martha asks, when Erin opens her eyes and turns towards the other woman with a smile on her face.

"It's really nice here. The Spanish air is so much more refreshing than the English one. I could really get used to that", the blonde explained, now helping her teammate with the preparation.

"Well, the pre-season just started so I guess you will have a lot of time to take in that morning air", Martha smiles, walking a few meters away to set up the rest, while Erin slowly goes over the course, testing it for the players.

The therapists were wearing their black Nike shirts with the purple highlights and the club logo on them along with long joggers which Erin felt really comfortable in.

"So, how was the appointment yesterday?", Martha wonders, watching Erin go over their course concentrated as she takes the steps one by one in a swift motion.

"Which one?", Erin chuckles sarcastically, both of them knowing there were a lot of appointments the other day.

"You know which one I mean", Martha laughs, leaving her colleague with a nod. Of course Erin knew what Martha was talking about.

"I guess it was... alright. I will know today if I was able to help her", Erin shrugs, thinking about the appointment and how nervous Alexia had been. The blonde really enjoyed the athletes attendance, again having the feeling that the connection between the two was something special.

"Come on, Erin. That's not what I'm interested in. I want to know everything!", Martha pushes with a laugh, leaving the other girl blushing.

"Well... it went all by so fast and I am not really sure if this is going anywhere. I mean I don't even know if she's interested", Erin shrugs.

"Erin, let me tell you we all saw you two that night. No one was getting her out of that corner and it took you two minutes to get her on that dance floor", Martha says convinced, but Erin shakes her head.

"Do you really think that?", Erin smiles happily.

"I know Alexia for some years now and let me tell you, I never saw her looking at someone like she is looking at you. She really isn't good in those kind of things. I even think she never really loved someone at all", Martha explains, Erin's eyes opening wide.

"What do you mean "you think she never loved someone"?. Has she ever been in an relationship?", Erin asks, now really feeling the urge to get to know the athlete more.

"Oh, here we go. Already thinking about an relationship. I like where this is going", Martha chuckles.

"I am serious, Martha", Erin mumbles, feeling fooled by her colleague.

"Me too, Er!", Martha laughs but then gets back to more serious tone.

"As far as I know Alexia never had a relationship or something similar to it before. It's like she's living in her own world", Martha says when she turns her head, watching the first teammates getting in the pitch with their warm up jackets on.

"In her own world?", Erin asks.

"Alexia is a head person. There is so much going on in her head but she never really tells someone about it. Everyone is eager to know what is going on up there", Martha explained when they both watch the girls starting their warm up in small groups as they jog around the pitch in the morning sun.