38.

The day had come.

It was finale day in England and that meant for the first time after the champions league finale loss against Olympique Lyon, the half FC Barcelona squad would face the French superstars.

Alexia wasn't nervous at all.

She wasn't before the game. She wasn't as soon as she had been leading her team onto the pitch before the national anthem. She wasn't in the first half. She wasn't two minutes before the 90 minutes were over when France had an penalty and Wendie Renard took a shot right into Sandra hands.

It was 0:0 at full time, meaning that they would go into overtime.

Even now when the Spanish girls are making a big circle to listen for Jorge's motivation words before the overtime would start, Alexia wasn't nervous.

She was determined.

She couldn't wait for it to be over with. She couldn't wait to finally raise that trophy. That would probably be something Alexia would be nervous to do.

It was the 116th minute of the finale match, when Aitana makes an extremely good dribble to the front, but unfortunately gets fouled by Renard just a meter before the penalty area.

Aitana falls.

Everyone raises their arms, shouting into the referees direction and it was Alexia who immediately picks up the ball, carrying it to the position where Aitana had been falling.

And the second she picks up the ball, she feels her hands shaking. The Spanish captain spins the ball between her fingers, watching the referee trying to calm down some players that were complaining because of the foul.

But Alexia knew that they would get this free kick.

And that's what it was. Everyone gets into position, the Spanish Ballon D'Or winner the only one behind the ball as she takes a few steps back with her hands on her hips.

The referee takes her time for mating everyone, explaining the rules to a few more players while Alexia was waiting there, her heart beating heavily inside her chest.

That's when she takes a look to the right.

She knew exactly where her girlfriend was sitting. Immediately, her shining hazel orbs found Erin's, the blonde smiling proudly but nervous at her.

"Time to show you who La Reina is", Alexia mumbles, now staring at the goal while she awaits for the referee to finale whistle so she could take that shot.

And of course, that was it.

Just like the free kick against Hoffenheim in the champions league. Just like the one she had been practicing the evening before.

Just like that, Alexia kicks Spain into a 1:0 lead over this freaking French national team.

Everyone cheers. The whole stadium cheers. Alexia runs towards the corner flag, everyone from the pitch and from the bench following their captain as they celebrate all together.

"Oh my fucking god!", Erin cheers on the tribune, keeping her eyes on the midfielder while she pulls Martha and Alba in a tight hug as they seat beside her.

"Freaking yes!", Jenni cheers, not really able to keep her position. The striker was close to just jumping onto that pitch.

"I can't believe it. She did it", Erin mumbles relieved, holding her arms tightly around Albas neck while her girlfriends sister mumbles something towards Austin.

"I'm so proud of her", Alba smiles, now everyone looking back towards the pitch and then onto the clock, noticing that it were now only two minutes left before Spain would be called the new Champions of Europe.