I hit Carter as soon as we sat down and she looked at me like I was crazy as she held her arm.

"What did you hit me for?"

"For telling my momma about the trip when I specifically told you not to."

"Oh yeah how was it? You went with a guy right?" My mom asked as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"I told you it was him and his mom."

"What's his name again?"

"Levi."

"How'd you two meet anyways?"

"He came into the tea shop when I worked there. He was in the military so-"

My mom gave me a puzzled look. "The military? How old is this man? You've known him since high school?"

"He just turned thirty-nine a few weeks ago," I explained.

Where is our waiter?

"He was in the military? Maybe your dad knew him. What's his last name?"

"Ackerman."

My family stared at me like I had just kicked a puppy. Shock and uncertain emotions were on their faces while Carter smiled because she knew this already.

"You said, Ackerman?"

I sighed, already annoyed that she was repeating me. "Mom I'm not repeating myself-"

"I heard about them," my grandma chimed in. "How dangerous they are for their skills."

"I heard they're good at anything they do. Anything," my aunt said as she sat back in the booth.

"You've been friends with an Ackerman this whole time and never said anything?" My mom asked, clearly hurt that I didn't tell her.

"I didn't know he was an Ackerman when we met and you and dad were always gone with Nelly somewhere so there was no point in me telling you."

My mom went to say something when she was interrupted by our waiter who took his sweet ass time getting to our table.

"Hello, ladies how are we doing today?"

That voice.

I looked up to see those beautiful green eyes.

Danni.

His eyes met mine and I swear I saw his cheeks burn. "Ash."

He was dressed in a black graphic t-shirt with the restaurant name on the front, blue jeans with his black apron on his waist, and black shoes. His curls were voluminous and looked shiny, even in the dim lighting of the restaurant.

"I didn't know you worked here."

He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Yeah, I actually started working here over break. Needed the extra money you know?"

I smiled sincerely. "Good for you. I'm happy you were able to get another job. I remember you telling me you were looking."

"I'm just glad I found one."

My mom cleared her throat loudly to get our attention. "And who's this?"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at her being extra. "This is Danni. A classmate. Danni this is my mom, my grandma, and my aunt. You know Carter already," I gestured to each person as I introduced them.

Danni smiled and waved at my family. "It's nice to meet you. I see where Ash gets her looks from."

Excuse me?

It Took a Little Time (Levi Ackerman x Black OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें