(180) I Can Do Anything! - Logince

Summary: Roman's family has always told their son that he can do anything, and he's always taken that to heart. Logan's always been a bit more reluctant.

TW - Cheating due to sexuality, not from either of the boys though.

Words: 2215

"Are you sure that's safe?" Seven year old Logan chirped as he was on the swings with his best friend Roman. Roman was using the swing as a slingshot, trying to build up momentum for an impressive gymnastic landing.

Roman had a mischievous smile as he stared at the grass he was hoping to land on. His friend was almost stationary on the swings and glancing back at Roman's moms to check that they were alert. One mother was watching the pair happily while the other was checking Roman's toddler brother's diaper. "I don't know, but we'll find out!"

Logan tilted his head and prayed that the entire swing-set wasn't going to fall on top of them. "Mamma said I can do anything! Mom's a little more cautious though." Roman finally screamed as he let go of the swing bars and flew in the air. He leapt forward a couple of centimetres before landing clumsily on the grass with only a couple of scrapes as an injury. "I'm OK!" Roman's Mom immediately rushed to Roman's side just for a double-check on her son's scratches, also making sure Logan was entertained and asking if he wanted ice cream.

The fact that Roman had two moms was never a weird thing for the seven year olds. They knew other people found them weird, and they heard lots of meanies in the street, but Roman's two moms were strong enough to go past it. Logan knew he was comforted by Roman's two moms. They were nice and that's all parents could be. And although Roman was too adventurous for his own good his moms were always there to care.

****

Middle school, as expected, was absolute chaos for the best friends Roman and Logan. With the more advanced middle school curriculum came more advanced hormones and crushes. And crushes were taking a full swing of Roman's attention. In sixth grade a new boy came into school, by the name of Janus, and Roman fell for him at first sight. The idea Roman might be gay wasn't a big shock to the pre-teen himself as he always viewed life with his two moms as normal. He didn't even really have to come out. Logan was recruited as main wingman to get Janus though since they attended afterschool math club together on Fridays... And Roman and Logan always seemed to have sleepovers Friday nights after the theatre nerd found that out. By Easter break of sixth grade Janus was Roman's boyfriend – and Logan was happy to third wheel their lovey-dovey stage.

Then in eighth grade another new student joined Logan, Janus and Roman's grade. A new girl called Valerie Torres-Rosario. She had shoulder-length brown hair and olive skin and brown eyes, and from then it seemed evident that hormones had caught up to Logan. He couldn't stop thinking about her! She was honour student for Spanish class since she was Latin American but Logan still wanted to beat her, and then flirt with her and eventually just straight up marry her. He had to take baby steps towards that though and eventually Logan got the courage to ask Valerie to be his girlfriend during the summer after eighth grade.

So the two best friends went to high school as a group of four – and were greeted with freshman homecoming as their first formal event they could attend with their partners. They decided Roman and Logan would get dressed for the homecoming together at Logan's house and meet Valerie and Janus at the high school after they got ready at Valerie's. And both boys knew they'd fall in love even more at the sight of their partners all dressed up.

"Do you think the blue tie is too much blue Ro?" Logan inquired as he faced his tie drawer, Roman behind him sneaking some golden eyeshadow onto his eyelids. After a few minutes of silence Logan heard footsteps come behind him, and then he saw Roman give him a raised eyebrow through the mirror.