(70) Teachers Hear Every Word You Say - Loceit (and Moxiety)

Two in a row just in case you don't want to read Remus needing cuddles XD

Summary: Logan is his son Virgil's math teacher - and Virgil's other father Janus is the philosophy teacher right next door. During one lesson Logan realises his son has a crush and Janus loves meddling with his students' (and family's) drama.

I'm also happy to do a sequel for this based on Virgil and Patton going to Prom together if you want me to.

Words: 1089

"OK, OK... And what's the probability Anna will wake up before her alarm on exactly 7 mornings?" Logan turned from his whiteboard that had 'binomial distribution' at the top and plenty of formulae to his half-engaged students. At least his son, Virgil, was in this class and was always willing to answer a question just to move on the lesson so his father could get paid.

This morning though Virgil seemed distracted. His head was turned to the side looking at the corner - where his best friend Patton sat. Patton was the typical cheery high schooler also on the cheerleading team. Logan paused for a second and observed his son's wide eyes and small smile. His cheeks were red and he was even biting the corner of his dried lips. "Virgil?"

Virgil turned his head hearing his father's voice and immediately became more red. He examined the writing on the board and looked lost for a second before murmuring the correct answer. "0.0426?"

Logan smirked at his son, the simple facial expression telling his son he uncovered his secret. "Correct. Now let's look at why..."

The rest of the lesson went by smoothly. Virgil was still staring but Logan wasn't the type to disturb young love - especially the young love of his son. When the lesson ended Virgil followed Patton to the next class as he chattered along about cheer practice.

"Good morning Ru-bitch." Janus chirped as he entered his husband's classroom, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "You forgot to pack your lunch this morning." A blue and black patchwork lunchbox was placed on Logan's desk while Janus held his husband by the waist. He loved working across the hall from his husband for this reason. While Logan's voice echoed through his classroom walls he could reimagine his wedding day and every date and the day they adopted their son together. His life was nothing less than perfect.

"V-V has a crush honey." Logan whispered, quiet in case his son was walking by or wanted to see his fathers now it was lunch period. Janus' eyes widened hearing anything about his son and he giggled his usual giggle. "It's on Patton."

Janus looked so proud in that moment looking at his husband. He gave his lover a forehead kiss and sighed to himself. "I'm so glad you gave him the talk last week. He better be sensible."

"He is sensible. He's our son." Logan's arms winded around Janus' neck as they stood together. They weren't hungry yet, only hungry for each other's cuddles.

"And I decided to improvise all my lessons today because you were too tempting with your kisses over the weekend - stupid but worth it mistakes are genetic." After giggles and half a dozen more kisses the fathers separated from each other and grabbed their lunches, holding each other's hands and complimenting each other on their lunch making skills.

The door knocked revealing their couple's loved and much talked about teenage son Virgil. "Dad? Could you... Tell I was staring at Patton?"

Janus nodded quickly before Logan could answer, a chuckle escaping. "Dad's told me about it. You're very gay son."

A chair was dragged to Logan's desk where the couple were sitting, the chair landing by Janus' foot. Virgil sat opposite his parents sheepishly - thinking through what to say to explain to his parents how he was feeling. And he was never good at talking about feelings.

"It's only a small crush... I just saw him cheering at the football match last week and - I haven't stopped thinking about him since." He said softly, sucking on a lollipop he bought in the canteen tuck shop.

This time Logan smiled softly at his son. He felt immensely proud his son had become a nervous and anxious freshman to a confident and witty junior that was happy to talk about and explore his sexuality with his fathers by his side. "Define thinking about him." Logan commanded. He knew he shouldn't pry too far into his son's personal life but he couldn't help it. His son seemed so happy and relaxed around his best friend/crush.

Virgil's cheek became as red as when he was picked on in class, looking at his sandwich for a second before sighing and laughing at himself. "It's a lot of things. I just want to spend more time with him - but in a different way. Like I want to steal your constellation book and take Patton to lie under the stars and tell him everything I could find."

Even Janus was smirking. He was grasping Logan's hand tightly with his insanely proud smile he always gave his son ever since he was adopted the term before he became a high schooler.

But Virgil continued. "And I know Patton loves bubble-gum and cotton candy ice cream and there's a new ice cream parlour next to the school... I want to take him there and watch him get neon blue ice cream on his nose - and imagine his little tilt when I ask him if he meant to do that! God..."

"So when are you going on a date with him?" Janus interrupted, Virgil immediately paused in place. "During my ethics class he put a good and passionate point across for LGBTQ+ equality and acceptance. I won't be surprised if he isn't completely cis-het." There were several other reasons Janus had eavesdropped into that suggested Patton wasn't straight - it wasn't his place to reveal that though.

Virgil scowled and rolled his eyes. "That's probably because he's my best friend. He knows what we've all been through to get where we are."

The husbands had to agree with that logic. Things had changed since the days they were high schoolers - just because a person supports LGBTQ rights doesn't mean they're in the community themselves. But for their son they hoped Patton was somewhat attracted to the same sex. He deserved an amazing boyfriend like Patton would be.

At the end of year Prom Janus and Logan pretended to ignore Virgil kissing Patton in the corner and Patton kissing back. Logan did owe Janus $20 (given straight away when he saw his son kissing his best friend) and a dinner date though. When the night ended Virgil shyly walked up to his fathers and introduced his boyfriend to his parents. Patton was giggling and leaning on Virgil's shoulder making Virgil red again. It was the typical high school relationship - and the teacher fathers would make sure it lasts.