(195) To Say Thank You - Logicality

Summary: Patton and Logan have been best friends since first grade and Logan always had his found family in Patton's little hide-away pillow fort. And after ten years Logan realises he should really say thank you.

Kind of addicted to friendship Logicality right now XD, even though this one turns romantic. But if you like platonic Logicality, along with Analogical and Royalty AU... Check out my new book 'A Storm over Crofter Isles'.

Requested chapter coming next!

Words: 1224

"Logan, Logan, look!" Patton cheered as Logan was warmly under his best friend's soft blue blankets, book in his lap and soft Beethoven playing in a 90s style radio. Logan raised his head, chuckling when he saw Patton holding dripping donuts to his eyes. "I can't see you!"

"I hope you're not getting icing over your new glasses Pat." Logan mumbled when he stopped his chuckling, nudging Patton's shoulder with his head for a second. Patton nudged back, assuming when he could see, and the pair entered comfortable silence again. "I honestly can't believe you're old enough to drive Pat, you're a true child at heart."

Patton giggled as he cleaned his glasses from seemingly double the icing the donuts had on them. "You know you love me." Logan nodded, whispering an 'I sure do' under his breath, wondering why he couldn't say it any louder but letting the thought pass as soon as it came. "Can you believe it's our ten year friend-aversary this Monday?"

Logan paused turning his page to raise an eyebrow. "Our... what?"

"Our friend-aversary! Remember when we met?" Logan slowly shook his head. He had good memory - just not with fluffy things like friendship. "First grade! When you were sad you weren't learning algebra so I gave you my fruit snacks to cheer you up?"

Logan did indeed remember that, he remembered the lonely feeling followed by: "Hey, this kid isn't so bad. And he has good fruit snacks." He was never good at reading signals or emotions of people, nor understanding social rules, but Patton was always there to help him out and be by his side. Even when puberty started and Logan started to feel intense anger towards any affection from the cuddly boy due to his own mental health difficulties and insecurities. Patton was always there. He needed to say thank you for everything in the last ten years - but he needed help with that.

*****

"VIRGIL!"

"GAH-FUCK!" Logan saw the hill of duvets that hid his big brother, as the man fell out of bed and collapsed to the floor. Eventually after another groan the duvet revealed a bed-head that resembled Logan's loving older brother. "You're lucky it's Friday night and I have no sleep schedule nor social life, what's up?"

Virgil sat on his now duvet-less bed and beckoned over his little brother. Said little brother nervously came next to him and sat in a ball. "Am I meant to thank people for being friends with me?"

The eighteen year old rolled his eyes. Patton again. Logan was so concerned about Patton, all the time - it beat Virgil's everyday anxiety. He knew why Logan was always so worried about Patton but Logan wouldn't believe him. Oh well, he should play into Logan's untrue faults and he might as well have fun with it. "Seeming it's you, yes - But seeming you're talking about Patton, you really don't need to." Virgil gave his brother a side hug as he stared daggers of offence. "I know Patton's your only friend, Lo."

"Falsehood - He's... Yeah he's my only friend." Logan' hair was ruffled and Virgil sleepily yawned, reminding the nerd he should probably let his big brother sleep before 3am (even though he didn't do that normally). "So how do I thank him for being my best friend?"

Virgil mischievously smirked, making Logan roll his eyes. "I know just the plan."

*****

Now Logan didn't usually trust his big brother with anything, he was cunning in a friendly way but still pretty cunning. This seemed like a nice side of him now, he had taken Logan out clothes shopping for a 'form-fitting outfit' (he wouldn't say why that was important), and bought Logan some of Patton's favourite chocolates to give to him. And now he was waiting outside Patton's house on the Monday morning, waiting for his cheery best friend to emerge ready to get the school bus.

Was this whole set-up a little weird? No, it's perfectly platonic, it's just a nice gift for Patton. He loved these chocolates, named Teddy Bear Chocolates and from the local sweet shop. He got them once for Logan, when middle school Logan was upset he didn't get a card in school Valentine's Day (Patton had given his to a six month crush that year). But turns out Patton found the chocolates more tasty so he shyly nibbled on them while Logan cried about no-one loving him. Then Patton said he'd always, always love Logan no matter what...

Huh, Logan didn't believe it was too hot to wear a hoodie in mid-September. Yet he was sweating and bright red and his palms were clammy. Could he be getting a fever? That would be the worst timing.

"Logan?" Patton's chirp brought Logan back to the real world where he just felt really hot. "Oh goodness are you OK? Wait, DO YOU HAVE TEDDY BEAR CHOCOLATES?"

Patton threw himself on Logan before he had time to breathe, causing the nerd to stumble and drop the chocolates. Luckily Patton heard the crash straight away. "Oops, sorry! I'll do it!" Patton immediately knelt down and started picking up all the pieces of chocolate while Logan stood absolutely shell-shocked. "What's this for? Oh, is it for our friend-aversary? You didn't have to Lo, thank you!"

This wasn't a friend thing, Logan could realise that now. Virgil had constantly joked about Logan and Patton's friendship, as young as twelve, Virgil was telling Logan he could see the glisten in his eyes whenever Patton walked over. Apparently to Virgil, Logan had been in love with his best friend for four years... And maybe he was right.

"Yeah our... friendship anniversary." Logan managed to quietly choke out, stuck still in realisation that he really did love Patton. Patton was already sucking on the head of a milk chocolate teddy bear, slightly hindered by a wide smile as he looked at his best friend. At Logan. Patton was looking at Logan with shining baby blue eyes and oh my God he was beautiful. "We're friends." Logan tried to reassure himself, convince himself he hadn't been oblivious for this long, but his eyes betrayed him by looking down at Patton's puffy lips instead.

Patton just chuckled, quieting down for a moment. Logan would believe the silence was so he could focus on eating, until he saw Patton cheekily divert his eyes to Logan's lips as well... Wow...

"What are you thinking about Logie?" Patton chirped, calmer this time and with a challenging glance. And that was all Logan could take without doing something. His breath hitched, and he took that moment to cradle Patton's jaw and kiss him. His lips tasted like chocolate, and his breath tasted like strawberries from his toothpaste. Virgil was definitely right about Logan loving Patton.

Once Logan separated for breath Patton brought his arms around his best friend's shoulders, smiling at him widely but sweetly. "I guess this will be a different anniversary now, huh?"

"Oh, definitely." Logan chuckled, his eyes trapped in Patton's blue orbs. For not the first time, but the first time in a while, Logan was heavily considering skipping school and staying in Patton's pillow fort for hours on end. Although he did want his head in a different place than the centre of a book right now.