(60) Fist Bump - Intrulogical

Summary: Logan and Remus are parents to their pride and joy teenage Remy. Remy isn't the most behaved kid though - and that becomes an issue when his parent is a teacher.

TW - Just the last line is a little *spicy*

Words: 1215

"For the last time class the Yerkes-Dodson graph does not show sexual arousal, arousal is just a synonym for anxiety." Logan lectured his class of sophomores. Lots of teachers believed the AP Psychology class was the easiest class Mr Rubik had - that was incorrect, sophomores were always chaotic. Almost as chaotic as Logan's own husband, but he remembered what Remus was like as a sophomore so he knew exactly how chaotic that certain grade was.

He was interrupted from his lecture about class behaviour by a knock on the door, the assistant principal (ie Logan's boss) wanted him and she looked disappointed. Luckily, or rather unluckily he wasn't sure, it was due to his son.

Logan was a father of two kids, Remy and Emile. Remy was a high schooler and Emile was in middle school - they were definitely very different kids. While Emile was the age kids would usually rebel and hate their parents the middle schooler was nowhere close. He loved psychology just like his Dad and watched cartoons a lot with his other Dad. Remy, on the other hand, was a sophomore and a very mischievous one at that. He wasn't an angry kid by any means - he was a great big brother and son - but he just liked causing mischief and disobeying. He was addicted to making coffee and snuck gallons of it into school and most of his lessons were either spent sleeping or pranking other teachers and students. It was annoying hearing his colleagues complain about his son more than mention his achievements but he loved his boy of course.

He was taken to the principal's office where his son was facing the principal and his husband was by his side. The stressed teacher was glad his husband was there. Remus often helped calm and ground Logan and could easily understand and communicate with their rebellious teenage son. But when he realised Remus trying to hide his smile he immediately regretted letting Remy enrol in the high school he taught at.

"Remy - P-please tell your dad what you did." Remus tried to hide his chuckle as he turned to his husband, but he could still see the little smile stuck on his lips. The rough looking man was a marketing assistant for a body wash company so moments like these where he could escape his boring job were moments he adored. 

Remy also had a wide smile and was trying not to laugh; he whipped his head back to his more reserved father. "I just gave people free coffee at lunch period..."

The principal raised an eyebrow and sighed, shifting through their papers. "That isn't all you did is it Master Rubik. I'm sure your father would love to hear exactly what you did."

"Oh, I did!" Remus cheered, giggling and placing his hand on Logan's knee as he sat down. The principal also glared at the chaotic father as if he was a naughty kid but Remus didn't seem to care. He was almost jumping up and down with joy. "Tell the dork all about it, it's great."

"Well... The water fountain in the canteen is used a lot so I thought people would enjoy having a coffee one too."

"Instead." The principal corrected. They did not seem entertained by Remy's ideas even though Remus' soft chuckles were interrupting what they were saying. "He replaced all the water in the newly installed water fountain with cappuccino, we didn't find out until now when staff complained."

"It was espresso actually." Remy corrected - but the principal didn't appreciate that. To be fair Logan found the whole situation quite entertaining too. Remy was a smart kid, he just didn't apply it in the correct way, but even Logan would have no idea how to replace water in the water machine and keep it all quiet for the hour or two since lunch period.

"Pretty smart to be fair." Remus laughed, giving his son a fist bump which he automatically took. Logan swatted the fists from touching again - his boss was getting annoyed at both his son and his husband's behaviour and while Logan was nowhere near getting fired from his job or demoted he did not want to be anywhere close.

Logan knew he had to speak for his family as Remus definitely wasn't going to apologise for his son's actions. "I'm sorry about my family, I'll have a stern word with Remy at home about his behaviour and make sure he doesn't bring infinite amounts of coffee to school again." Logan had no idea where his son got enough coffee to fill an entire machine, he assumed he had bought some or raided the coffee shop opposite the school by other means.

The more stern father tried giving a disappointed look to his teenage son - but he couldn't manage it. Remy pouted and did his best impression of puppy eyes, even removing his sunglasses he always wore to school so Logan could see the hazel eyes he fell in love with when he adopted the little rambunctious toddler twelve/thirteen years ago. Instead of the disappointed look he just smiled and rolled his eyes, otherwise silent until Remy was excused to go to his chemistry lesson.

It was only an hour later Remus was waiting in the car park to collect his husband and eldest son from the high school. Emile was in the back, the sound of Animal Crossing erupting from his pastel Switch. Remy and Logan soon walked out together - and by the look on his husband's face Logan was trying to instil some kind of discipline on Remy or at least reminding him that not everyone loves coffee. 

"Hey, how's my coffee-man?" Remus cheered again as Remy climbed into the car, reaching back to give the teenager another fist-bump. Logan's smile was wide and he playfully scoffed and dragged his husband's hand back. 

"Remember we are parents Remus." Logan said with his teacher tone. A lot of different outcomes had happened with that teacher tone - let's just say Remus hadn't had enough of it after the decades of years they knew each other. "And while we love our son he does need to understand school is for education not... whatever you managed to do to get a free coffee machine."

Remus sighed and pouted at his husband, the same pout Remy gave him. And just like that Logan remembered why he decided to date and marry the high schooler he spotted training rats at the back of the school to steal the ham sandwiches that everyone hated.

"It was pretty impressive though." Logan mumbled after a second or two of silence as he managed to drag his eyes away from his lover. He then relented and reached to the back of the car. His son did deserve a fist bump for his behaviour. Remy was so happy to receive a fist bump from his strict father that he promised he wouldn't try the same trick again (or at least he'd wait until he went to college).

And for relaxing his discipline Logan received a lot of love from his husband in the bedroom that night - and it was a lot more love than just a fist bump.