(12) Let's Be Brothers Part 3 - Roceit

Summary: Roman and Janus pick their mischievous sons up early from summer camp. It's only time for them to realise each other and fall in love.

Words: 748 (but in total a LOT more - and this is my first time writing this ship so I don't know how the dynamics work yet XD)

Janus got out his car, examining the sign for the summer camp. He couldn't help but smile surprisingly, thinking of his son. He had spent ages wanting his son to go out his comfort zone and try something childish. And for the first time he actually had to punish his kid for being a kid. He wasn't though, one prank wouldn't hurt.

"Hey, new face!" Janus heard a voice cheer as a man appear next to him - a brown haired man with growing stubble and wearing a red denim jacket. "I'm Roman. Is your kid in the camp?"

"Well, not anymore." Janus giggled, watching the kids make their way to the lake and instinctively looking for Logan - even though he knew he wouldn't be there. "He's just been excluded for a prank... And I'm Janus."

"Same with mine." Roman laughed, also looking out for his son. "Well, apparently it was almost arson. Not surprised though."

Janus chuckled again, looking out for his kid. He was wondering at first whether Logan was upset when he first got the phone call - but when the call revealed he had pranked the head leader willingly and independently he was weirdly proud. That's when he saw his 10 year old son, laughing and chatting with his suitcase and backpack beside another kid also with backpacks and suitcases.

"Dukey! Come here bud!" Roman shouted to the strange new child, and the child ran and immediately went into a hug. Logan also approached with a wide smile looking up at his father with wide excited eyes. "Did you enjoy it or was the arson out of boredom?"

"Can you two date now?" Remus chirped, pointing at his father and then Janus. Janus raised an eyebrow and awkwardly chuckled again. He could spot Roman's blushing cheeks at that which even made Logan laugh. "Logan and I planned it all camp! You're both single and lonely and attracted to guys... So you're perfect!"

Roman couldn't stop blushing. Did his son really know his type that well? Gently spoken, caring with kids, even the awkward laughs made Roman's heart flutter. He couldn't stop looking at the father next to him. He was ruffling his curly hair, knelt down to be level with his kid and speaking to him softly asking about the camp and the prank and his son's anxieties. When Roman finally dragged his eyes away from the man his 10 year old son was giving him a knowing look. "Maybe the boys can hang out at mine?" Roman felt compelled to say. Janus stood up straight and smirked shyly.

"I might join that... Hang out, if that's fine with you."

So that's what happened. Logan and Remus played on Remus' Xbox, and Logan met Remus' two siblings. They heard Roman and Janus chatting to each other downstairs, low voices while sharing sugary drinks (it wasn't wine time until 6pm). But the later it got the more deep their conversation got, talking about their sexualities and their exes that they avoided speaking about around their kids. 

"You'll be surprised how hopelessly single I am..." Janus chuckled as he sipped his drink, making Roman smile softly. "I think having a son is a turn off if I'm honest. Logan's a good kid but whenever someone hears about him I never hear from them again."

"I've had the same thing too..." Roman sat opposite Janus, taking another sip of his drink and meeting eyes with Janus. They both silenced for a moment to stare at each other. They knew the kids wanted to set them up and that made everything slightly more uncomfortable. But Janus didn't mind staring at Roman some more, he seemed so soft. "We could just go on a date or two to please them."

"Now?"

Roman nodded and kissed Janus' cheek, making both of them blush. Needless to say Logan wasn't surprised when he came downstairs to ask for some soda and found the pair exchanging a not so chaste kiss with Roman sitting on the kitchen counter.

And by the time Remus and Logan started high school (which they went to together, soon Roman realised how much having Logan around calmed Remus relatively and therefore caused them to attend the same school), Roman and Janus were married. They already felt like a large mismatched family anyway, but the wedding tied the knot and further validated that Logan and Remus were in fact brothers. And it all started at a summer camp.