(50) We're Kidnapping? - Moceit

Summary: Patton and Janus are planning to adopt (again). They try to explain how adoption works to their 6 year olds but it doesn't go to plan - so they agree kidnapping is the best way to describe it.

Words: 1776

It was a normal Friday in June, the Viper family were eating some homemade food and undoubtedly making a mess. But Patton and Janus loved it, they loved the family they had with each other, life was amazing. Life was so amazing they were thinking of adding to it - and not another dog like normal. They wanted to adopt a child again.

"Ma! Remus is throwing pasta!" Roman shouted across the table, pointing at his twin who was throwing macaroni into the air and catching it with his mouth. "And he can throw it higher than me! It's not fair!"

"We can play basketball later to see who can throw the furthest kiddos." Janus responded, looking at his sons fondly and then his husband. The boys immediately gleamed and ate quickly and normally, ready for a basketball match that would last until sunset. Their boys were super hyperactive and had been since they were babies - their parents adored them. 

Patton's glowing eyes made Janus chuckle, erupting in red. The twins immediately spotted the increased romantic chemistry between their two parents and silenced - sipping their juice and giggling to themselves. The couple just read each other's eyes... They told each other they needed to tell the boys about the possible new family member. "Hey boys..." Patton chirped, noticing the hand on his leg from his partner. "Ma and I have been thinking about getting you a little brother or sister..."

Roman tilted his head. "My friend at school said babies are made by parents sleeping together - don't you sleep together already?"

"Mhm!" Remus agreed, his mouth full of cheese but he spoke anyway. "And we have to wait 9 months - we'll be 7 then!"

The parents paused for a moment, decoding how to approach these questions. Not all families were made the way they knew - including Roman and Remus themselves - and while they knew that to some extent they didn't know all the details.

"Well... Some families are different - we might take a little longer to get you a sibling." Janus mumbled, eventually grabbing all the empty plates and going towards the sink. The boys tilted their heads again, asking for more information as they always wanted. They were such cute and curious kiddos. "We're going to... supply love for a kid who needs it. A kid already made by two people sleeping together and for whatever reason they can't have the kid grow up with them. Not their fault. But we're just going to let them grow up here."

There was a silence and the parents thought their sons understood. But they sat still and looked at each other instead of running towards the basketball hoop. Patton just watched them while sitting at the dining room table as Janus focused on the dishwasher. 

"We're kidnapping?"

Janus tried to silence his laughter but was luckily hidden by the wall between the living room and the kitchen. It was Patton who was faced with explaining the difference between kidnapping and adoption to first graders - and he wasn't the best with describing things as he recently called a frying pan 'Flynn Ryder Hitters'.

"We're... consensually kidnapping." Patton began slowly, thinking through every word which wasn't something he did often. "Which means we're allowed to. There's a lot of steps we need to go through first."

Of course the boys didn't really care whether the kidnapping was legal or not, they just ran towards the garden with the basketball shouting for their Ma and telling each other how excited they were for their first kidnapping. Janus soon emerged with bubbly hands and watched them throw the ball at each other and do cartwheels - staying inside for a moment. Patton soon walked over to him and held his husband's hand, and Janus gave him a peck of a kiss. "Don't get anyone hurt lovely." Patton whispered after the kiss, giggling. Janus rolled his eyes and just looked fondly until he heard a scream.