Chapter 55 - Gone

Mulai dari awal

Aizawa glanced at his folder then slowly looked back at Izuku. He gave the folder a pat and sighed.
"This is something I want to discuss today. With you."
Izuku smiled slightly. "Yeah, no shit. Otherwise you wouldn't have brought it here."
Aizawa cleared his throat. "That's no way to-"
"Erasurehead, I am a criminal right now, and as far as I know, criminals don't usually speak formally to heroes that want to put them in jail." He pulled on a fake smile. "Sorry, but I'm not in the mood today to do anything. I'm kinda pissed off at something."

It was quiet after that, as Aizawa thought about what the boy had said.
Hizashi said to be calm and patient. That the kid has a bad temper. Calm down, Erasurehead.
Present Mic, just before Aizawa left for his patrol with the folder under his arm, had told him that the best way to talk with teenagers like Midoriya, was by being calm and serious, as well as accepting.

Aizawa understood as soon as the vigilante landed on the rooftop that he had had a bad day. He knew that the kid probably wouldn't like what he was going to tell him right now, but it was urgent, as the applications were due tomorrow.

"It's urgent." He stated, staring at the roof beneath them.
Izuku hummed. "Is it something related to UA? Because you only use that folder for school stuff."
Shota nodded. "Yes, and we need to discuss it now, coz it's due tomorrow."
Izuku stayed silent as he generated all the possible things that that could be, and when he finally got it he released an exasperated sigh of surrender and plopped down next to the hero with a thud.

"Is it the internships?"
"Good job Mr Smarty Pants."
Izuku deadpanned and turned to Aizawa with a "are you fucking serious" look on his face.
The man cracked a smile.
"Joking. But yes, it's about the internships."
Izuku nodded. "Go on then. Just don't make this drag on forever."
Aizawa shrugged. "That's up to you."

"Are you aware of the recruitment letter that you received?"
Izuku raised an eyebrow. "Nup. Someone wants me?" He was genuinely curious.
Aizawa hesitated. "Well.. yeah, but I'm afraid you won't like it."
Izuku huffed with a smirk. "I don't like many things."
"But this one is... different."

Izuku could tell the man was trying to approach this slowly and carefully as to not get Izuku angry, but that was pissing Izuku off even more.
"Just say it already. I got shit to do."
Aizawa gave up.
Sorry Yama, at least I tried.

"Do you know All Mights past mentor - Gran Torino?"

The night breeze, that was actually pretty fucking cold, gently ruffled Izuku hood and Aizawas long hair. They sat in silence as they both waited for the younger to process the information.
Yes, Izuku was waiting too. For his own brain.

Gran... Torino? That sounds familiar... Where... who is he? All Mights previous mentor... wasnt that Nana Shimuri though? She and this man called Torino were All Mights trainers when he-

Wait.
Izuku is fucking dumb isn't he.

His head snapped to the hero as soon as he remembered the old man.
"Gran?! He wants to train me?!" Izuku exclaimed, facing Aizawa fully.

He couldn't believe it.

"You're... not pissed?"
Izuku grinned and jumped up excitedly. "Of course not! Gran isn't All Might - he's amazing! He fought along side Nana Shimura back then, helped her train Yagi, and- and he was just- just amazing!"
No matter how good Izuku's Japanese was, he was struggling to come up with words at the moment.
The excitement was bubbling inside him.

Aizawa let out an exasperated and relieved sigh.
"Thank goodness..."
Izuku looked down at him. "Did you say something sir?"
The man shook his head. "No. Just glad that you liked your only offer. Otherwise you would've been stuck with me and I don't want that at all."
Izuku pouted. "That's mean. And besides, I didn't get much offers because people are dumb."
Aizawa shrugged. "Who knows."