Chapter 63 || Back Together Again

Attendance Time!!!

Kaden POV

I pound my fists down on the concrete-like mattress and groan as I flop onto it, making Natasha snort, "You good over there?" She says as she walks into the motel room.

Pouting, I turn over and look at her, "This is the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever been on. And I used to sleep on dirt."

With a roll of her eyes, she crawls into bed beside me, kissing my cheek, "You're a very dramatic god."

"Please, you met Thena. We're all dramatic."

She laughs and pats the bed, "I think it's fine

She laughs and pats the bed, "I think it's fine. Little hard but I've slept on worse."

"You're just trying to look tough. I can see the little indents between your eyebrows. Feels like fucking stone doesn't it?"

Her greens find my eyes, narrowing at me before she huffs, "Maybe..."

With a low laugh, I push her by her forehead back but receive an irritated slap to one of my tits, making me snort and gasp, "Foul!"

"Go to bed! We have been traveling for days."

"How am I supposed to go to bed when the bed feels like a pile of goddamn bricks?"

I adjust but groan when my back starts aching. Natasha raises an eyebrow at me and looks me up and down, "Damn. Sounds personal. I'm not whining half as much as you."

Sighing, my hand presses into my back and I pout, "It hurts."

"Your back?"

"Yes..." I mumble and she snorts, "Before the wedding and you're already turning into an old woman with back problems."

Natasha now starts cackling at her own words, throwing her hair down on the pillow, slapping her hand to her chest while I gape in faux-hurt...mostly faux...

"You try being over 3,000 years old."

Now she laughs even more and shakes her head, "I'm marrying a fossil."

"That you are. But hey, I get to actually age now."

Her eyes soften when I turn to her, a warm sparkle in her eyes as she reaches over and gently traces the features on my face, "I still cannot believe you did that. You didn't have to, you know."

Of course she would say that. Always so selfless, always so caring and aware of others.

"I know I didn't but I wanted to. Living as long as I have, I never believed I would fall for a woman who would make me want to die."

Now her eyes widen and she scoffs, "Maybe word that differently, Crest."

Frowning, I go over my words in my head until I realize it, then laugh, shaking my head, "No, yeah, not what I meant. You know what I meant. I meant that, living so long, I never thought I would meet a woman who would make me want to age. But then I fell for you and I knew that...I couldn't ever go a day without you in my life. The idea of watching you grow older while I stayed the same just felt impossible. I can't...I can't live without you, Natalia."