Chapter 56 || Reunion

HEYOOOOOOO You know what time it is :)

"It came from the Budapest safe house, she has to still be there," I mutter as I land us in front of the trailer. We get inside and quickly shower and change, washing that battle off of us.

Natasha has been in a daze ever since we left that river. I look at the red vials and the photobooth photos and close my eyes, praying that I am right.

"What if it's a trap? What if it's not Yelena," Natasha says from the room before coming out with a braid and a black leather jacket.

Smiling gently at the woman, I reach my hand out for her to take and pull her closer, kissing the top of her head before cupping her cheeks.

"It's her. These vials are important. I don't know what they are but whoever that armored jackass was wanted them so badly they almost killed us. Yelena sent them for a reason, she's sending you a message."

She closes her eyes and turns away, crossing her arms over her chest, "She's not going to be happy to see me. Or you. I got out and Fury helped cure my mind of what the Red Room put me through. Yelena doesn't have access to something like that. If she got out, she's most likely still a cold killer like how we were raised to be."

Pondering for a moment, I think about it but it doesn't make sense. If she was still under that kind of whatever mind spell it was, then she wouldn't have sent the pictures...unless it is a trap.

The widows are smart, clever. I had a run in with a few back in the day when I was looking for Yelena. They weren't very receptive to my words.

I shake my head and hand her the vials, "We're going. She's your sister–" "She wasn't actually my sister."

Stopping in my tracks, I turn around to face my fiancée and frown, seeing her walls already flying up. She's shutting down. She's about to face her past head on, it's a lot more than just talking about it. She actually has to face it now.

I shake my head, "Don't do that. I know you're scared Tasha but–" She walks passed me and out the door.

"I'm not scared. I just don't want to expect anything. If you don't expect anything, you can't be disappointed."

Groaning, I lean my head back and wipe my hands down my face, "You realize how ridiculous you sound?"

"Don't call me ridiculous, Crest."

"Okay no," I march outside and grab her hand, turning her to face me.

Her jaw is set tightly, firm, angry with the situation. Her eyes are stale, their trained spy-look in them. No hint of a smile or emotion is evident on her face. But she fails to remember that I can see right through her. And she isn't about to push me away.

"You aren't going to push me away. I know this is a lot. You almost just got killed because of your past coming back up and now we are about to dive head in. But you're passed that part of your life. If she hated you she wouldn't have reached out."

She huffs and rolls her eyes, then stares at the ground, biting her lip in thought. I can see the gears turning in her head as she thinks about the outcomes of this.

"Knowing her, she's going to be a child. Like usual. Yelena doesn't really enjoy the whole 'talking' thing. She goes right for the jugular. Literally."

Smirking, I nod, "Sounds about right. She always had a little fire behind that innocent smile. Even as a young kid."

Natasha looks up at me and softens a bit, nodding before she releases a breath, "Alright well...We going to Budapest or what? Take us to a train station."

What The Light Touches | Natasha Romanoffजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें