Chapter 29 || You Didn't See That Coming?

A/N: Attendance here dorks 

"You ready, cape boy?" I smirk at the god of thunder who nods back at me with a wide grin.

"To squash some tiny HYDRA pests? Of course."

"Let's fly," I watch as he takes off to one of their watch towers and takes down the agents up there.

"Crest! Tower east!" Clint shouts at me as he stands on the back of the vehicle Nat's driving, shooting arrows at everyone that comes our way.

I spot the tower and nod, pulling my hood up before turning to Nat from the passenger seat.

"Kiss for good luck?"

She chuckles and allows me to lean in, allowing me to kiss her before shaking her head while I pull my mask up.

"Go get 'em tiger."

"Lion!" I shout in mock correction before flying up to the tower and landing with a tilt of my head.

"We could talk this out, you know."

They stare at me and one raises his gun but I groan, "playing hard to get, huh?"

Grabbing the barrel of his shotgun, I squeeze it until the metal crumbles under my grasp and the shot backfires, sending him stumbling back. I shove the butt of the gun into his face, knocking him off the tower and use it to wipe two others off.

The other two behind me charge at me but I light my fists on fire and send them both flying off until they smack into their own comrades below on the ground.

Glancing, I see Nat coming to a barrier. I jump down and pull her out of the driver's seat just as she turns the wheel and the truck tumbles and starts to burst. Me, Nat and Clint launch ourselves forward, Clint and I aiming and shooting our arrows while the rest join in beside us, all going full force at these clowns.

Tony takes to the sky, heading for the building but I hear him over comms, "Shit!"

"Language!" Cap shouts while riding his motorbike.

"JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?" I add in.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken."

I run over to Thor and we fight side by side, both of us not even bothering to use all of our strength while fighting off these imbeciles. I punch and shoot while he uses his hammer, looking around.

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last."

I punch another and smirk but hear Nat comment, "at long last is lasting a little long, boys...and Kaden."

Chuckling, I watch Clint shoot at a bunker, "Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise."

I charge at more agents but start thinking about earlier when Cap said "language." What the hell? Before I can comment on it, Tony beats me.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language?'"

"Beat me to it, Stark," I laugh while going behind a tree, and taking out three agents in a line with just a single arrow.

"I know...it just slipped out." Steve sighs into comms, making me only laugh harder before I press the volume on my phone, playing my music louder in my other ear.

"Ya know, Crest. I am able to see into everyone's technology and I gotta say that your superhero-fight-time playlist is kick-ass. Gotta send it to me."