Chapter 48 || Underoos

Attendance time :) 

Think I should get a cookie or something for these quick-ass updates. Or maybe I just don't have a life right now...which I don't.

I sit in front of Bucky as he comes to. His vibranium arm is wedged in a vice. He opens his eyes and glances at me, recognition painting his features. He remembers me from DC.

"Hey, Cap," Sam calls Steve over and I stand up to give them space, standing beside Sam.

"Steve," Bucky mumbles out to his old friend.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve stands tall, his caution up but hopes climbing.

"Your mom's name was Sarah...You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." The man chuckles at the last part, which makes me raise a curious eye at the blonde super soldier.

Steve smiles at his friend and chuckles, "Can't read that in a museum."

"Just like that, we're suppose to be cool?" Sam frowns in disapproval but I bump his shoulder with mine, making him sigh before Bucky speaks up again.

"What did I do?"

"Enough," I add in and he looks to me, feeling my anger for the man in just one look.

His eyes observe me up and down before he turns back to Steve, closing his eyes in shame, "Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words."

"Who was he?"

"I don't know."

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better than 'I don't know.'" Steve urges, practically pleading for his friend to remember something.

I watch as Bucky racks his brain, going through the files from his time as Bucky when he's lucid versus as the Winter Soldier. Then a slight lightbulb goes off.

"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where."

"Why would he need to even know that?" I frown, taking a step closer and Bucky sighs, then looks up at us worriedly, "Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier."

He starts to explain this story about a night he crashed someone's car. He didn't give a name but I notice Steve stiffen up as some sort of lightbulb goes off in his head. What did he just put together?

Bucky takes us through Siberia and how he trained with other soldiers in the making until they fought back against HYDRA.

"Who were they?"

"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum."

"They all turn out like you?" Sam asks and Bucky shakes his head, "worse" he says.

"The doctor, could he control them?" I look to Steve as Bucky says, "Enough."

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall," I close my eyes as I process the information. Earth has a lot more threats than I thought. One would think I would've picked up on this in the past.

"With these guys he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize, They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming."

"Like the widows..." I mumble and Bucky turns his head to me, eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "What?"

"The widows. The Red Room. You trained them, that's where you met Natasha."