Chapter 61 || New Plan

I know it's been forever but hi!!!! Attendance Time!

Kaden POV

As we fly through the air and Alexei blabs to Natasha about General Dreykov throwing him in a prison, I sit next to Yelena.

"Has he always been this annoying, Lena?"

She snorts and shakes her head, "When I was little I remember him being warm, caring. Sometimes he would be stupid, like when he burnt my mac and cheese. Still not forgiven, by the way!" She shouts back in the chopper which he clearly ignores while bantering with my fiance.

"Well I would love to knock his lights out again. If that would be deemed acceptable."

The blonde glances at me and holds her gaze, smiling lightly but looking down, "I would welcome that."

"Wait. Are you telling me that Melina is working for the Red Room present day?"

I look back at Natasha curiously, then look over to the bearded man who nods, pointing out the window, "She works remotely outside St. Petersburg."

"Uh...I don't think we have enough fuel for St. Petersburg."

My eyes follow Yelena's voice to the fuel tank, seeing that it's nearing empty. St. Petersburg, from where we are now, is still a decent travel. No shot we'll make it.

"No, we're good. We'll make it," Alexei dismisses confidently, making me sigh and Yelena shake her head, "Okay."

"We're not making it," I grumble and the blonde only hums in agreement.

I walk over to Nat and lean down, looking out the window beside her and up at the sun. Just looking at the beautiful star charges me, lights me up. I can feel my fingertips buzzing with energy.

A warm hand on mine makes my head snap down to look into those beautiful green eyes and she smiles, "You're sparking."

Her fingers tap on mine and I look down, seeing that she's right. My fingertips are sparking bits of flames. Chuckling as my cheeks get a bit rosey, I shake my hands out and sit beside her.

"There's just so many sparks between us," I joke and she groans, nudging me with a laugh, "That was terrible. And ridiculously cheesy."

Smiling, I nod, scratching the back of my neck, "Probably right."

Alexei stares between us with a frown, "So, Katy–" "It's Kaden," I correct but can already tell he messed up my name on purpose. He smirks and looks between us, motioning his finger between Natasha and I.

"You and Natasha are together? Like two girl people together?"

Disgusted at his obvious homophobia, I blink and go to speak but Natasha grips my hand tightly and smiles passive aggressively at the man.

"Not that it's any of your business, but we're engaged to be married."

He clicks his tongue and hums, "I don't see ring."

My gaze falls to Natasha's bare ring finger and I hum, "I suppose you have a point there. But if you can't tell, we've been a bit preoccupied saving your dumb ass and looking to take down the Red Room."

Nat digs her nails into my palm, causing me to yelp and rip the hand away, pouting at her.

"Behave," She scolds but the amusement dances behind her eyes, along with a dark swirl of something that I can't focus too much on or I'll probably traumatize Yelena.

Already have one super soldier in here, we don't need another soldier coming out to play right now.

"Stop looking at me like that," I hiss and she feigns innocence, "I don't know what you mean."