Chapter 24 || Bucky?

A/N: Attendance timeeeee

"Kade, Natasha? There's um...a Mr. Captain America here to see you."

I sit up in bed, looking over at Peter who just stares at us in shock, then glances at Natasha still asleep beside me.

Waving him off, I whisper, "We'll be out in a minute."

The door shuts, allowing me to wake Nat from her sleep but it doesn't go over well.

The second I shake her shoulder, she grabs my arm and grunts, jumping up until she flips me and lands me on my back on the mattress, my arm locked behind me in the most uncomfortable position.

"Freaking Zeus, Doll! It's just me."

She releases a relieved sigh and lets go of my arm, standing up to change.

"Sorry."

"Must've been a nice dream you were having," I joke, changing into a leather jacket over a black tank and some black jeans. Basic, I know. But I look hot, okay? Plus now? I gotta actually look impressive. I got a girl to impress, here.

"Yeah, reliving the Red Room is a real blast."

Crap. I'm an ass.

I turn to her and sigh, "I'm sorry Nat-" "Don't worry. I'm fine."

She walks out of the room in a brown leather jacket and black pants, leading the way to seeing Steve talking with May over a cup of coffee.

"Well if it isn't the Mr. Spangles himself!" I smile widely and clap a hand on his shoulder, to which Steve offers a small smile to the both of us.

Man seems like he hasn't slept in days.

"Something wrong?"

"Talked with a new friend of mine. Went over some things. I am aware that you two have been through some sticky situations yourselves. Maybe we can team up."

Natasha hugs the taller man happily, and I turn to look at May and Peter who stare in amazement at the conversation.

"Why would we do that? How do you know so much?"

"Thank Agent Hill and Fury for that one...well before of course..."

Natasha and I look at one another for a moment, remembering Nick's death. I shake my head, forcing the memory out and look back up at the super soldier, offering a lopsided grin.

"Who's this new friend?"

* * *

Steve and I throw Jasper Sitwell across a roof. I stand in front of him while he rises to his feet again, "Tell us about Zola's algorithm."

I hear Natasha's boots click behind us, reassuring me that's she's here as planned. So far, so good.

"Never heard of it."

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?"

Sitwell looks at Steve, shaking his head, "I was throwing up, I get seasick."

He backs up until his heels hit the raised ledge of the roof, his body nearly falling over but Steve catches him by his jacket.

Sitwell tilts his head, clearly clawing for anything to slip us up and show him mercy. He's panicking.

"Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers."

He sighs and smiles smally. I take the free moment to walk past the three people, brushing Natasha's hand as I go towards the ledge, catching view of Sam Wilson in waiting below. Smirking to myself, I allow my ears to focus back in on the conversation.