Chapter 41 || Picnic

Attendance timeeeee, hi friends :)

The air is completely still. For the first time in months I feel like I am finally in some peace and quiet, a place for me to focus in and listen to myself. Closing my eyes, I suck in a deep breath.

All around me feels warm all of a sudden, the window in front of me allows the sun rays to shine through, fueling my body with serenity and strength.

Behind my eyelids, in the vision of my own thoughts, I see white clouds, the sun around us. I don't know where I am but it feels calming, it feels safe. Until a lion appears, eyes bright yellow and daring me to come closer.

It's my other form. The most dangerous, the most threatening. It isn't like my other forms, not like the crow, the snake, the wolf, or other ones I have yet to try and shift to. The lion is the most brutal, the strongest.

His strength, it's like when I shift to him, he tries to take over everything in me. He has the brute force and hunger of a real lion, only amplified. He is larger than Earth's lions, much larger, he sucks in the power of the sun like I do but he has an agenda, unlike my other forms.

It is like he has a mind of his own, and his mind is animalistic and violent, he wants to devour and crush everything in its path. Part of me knows that must be what Bruce feels like when he turns into the Hulk, that the Hulk is always angry and wants to smash everything in its path, that's the same with my lion form.

He's a beast, that's for sure.

And he's trying to attack me in my own brain right now.

His fangs flash into my eyes, making me gulp and back away in my own little vision, trying to keep him at ease.

"Easy there, big guy. Can't we work together? Aren't you tired of us constantly fighting these past few centuries?"

Yet, he continues to growl, lunging himself at me until I feel a hand on my shoulder, yanking me backwards. I fall down through the clouds and shout as I fall but land on a mattress.

Gasping, I sit up and look around for the lion but only see Natasha staring at me with wide eyes, both of her hands cupping my face in concern.

My head snaps to the side, looking still but Nat keeps me steady, grabbing my hands instead.

"Baby, hey! I'm here. You're okay. Look at me. It's just us."

When I lock onto her voice, I feel my brain finally focusing in, the vision completely disappearing from me as I settle, taking in the surroundings of my room, my guitar in the corner, my speaker on the side table with my phone, the window still open for the sun to come through, photos of me and Nat, Peter and May on the dresser.

"I'm okay," I breathe out and sit up straighter, allowing Nat to move back from the edge of the bed to sit beside me, her hand still grasping my left one.

"Where did you go, just now?"

"I was trying to meditate in a way. But I saw my lion form, standing in front of me. He looked so angry...like he wanted to hurt me. I guess I got scared. I haven't beaten him yet."

Her face settles into a comforting smile as she nods and looks out the window, "Maybe that's your problem."

"