Chapter 12 || Don't Mention it

Kaden POV

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity."

I chuckle and look up at Tony from the bar who shrugs from the walkway above Loki.

"Um...actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"You should have left your armor on for that."

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the blue stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?" I smile at Loki with my glass of whiskey in hand, waving it mockingly before taking another sip.

Loki glances my way with a tilted head and narrowed eyes, trying to seem intimidating. With the bad hair gel job, however, it's hard to feel shaken in my boots.

"Stalling me won't change anything."

Before I can speak, Tony comes over to us waving a finger as he walks behind a bar, "No, no, no! Threatening. No drink? You sure? We're having one."

The Asgardian huffs and turns towards the giant windows of Stark Tower. I gotta admit, Tony has a good eye for design, although I don't doubt that Pepper Potts had most of the say.

"The Chitauri are coming, nothing will change that. What have I to fear?"

"The Avengers," Tony quickly shoots back. With a tilt of my head at his two worded response I chuckle in amusement, knowing that I should add more detail.

I shrug whilst Tony fills my glass, "It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. 'Earth's Mightiest Heroes' type of thing."

"Yes, I've met them," The god smiles like he feels no fear towards us. Boy if only he knew who I was. The puny god of mischief would be shaking in his boots.

"​​Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one," Tony clinks his glass with mine and we drink.

"But, let's do a head count here. Your brother, the demi-God; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them." I nod in agreement with the shorter man and smile at the demigod.

"That was the plan," He hisses in pride. Man, my father for once in my life is correct. Asgardians really can be egotistical. Then again so are the gods of Olympus.

I 'tsk' at Loki and stand up, "Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they'll come for you."

Out of the corner of my eye I see Tony slip a bracelet on his arm...seems to be some sort of a device. He can sense something. He did tell me he wants to push Loki over the edge, rattle his cage.

"I have an army."

"We have a Hulk," Tony smirks and glances at me, "And a weird lion shape-shifter thing

"We have a Hulk," Tony smirks and glances at me, "And a weird lion shape-shifter thing. Gotta tell me how you do that, by the way. Romanoff filled me in."