Chapter 44 || Lagos

You know the drill <3 hi my loves

"Alright, what do you see?"

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda stirs her tea as her eyes glance quickly to the outdoors.

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..." Cap trails off, leaving Wanda to finish his statement for him, "Cameras."

"Both cross streets are one way," I add into the coms and she nods, "So, compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute." I smirk at her response but feel Nat kick me under our little coffee table, then speaks.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." She sips her coffee, adjusting her sunglasses.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?"

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature," Nat deadpans, which makes me tilt my head quizzically at her.

She's being hard on Wanda, and it's probably because she's annoyed we've been spending more time training together lately

She's being hard on Wanda, and it's probably because she's annoyed we've been spending more time training together lately. We've been prepping her for the past year with all this stuff, going on some missions together.

Nat still isn't the most fond person of her, but she's an agent, she knows when to separate professional and personal life. She's just letting it slip into her mentoring moment now.

It's kind of hot, I can't lie, seeing her get all superior like.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam jokes back, which makes me smile and wink at Nat before she smirks, "Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?"

"I heard from a little lion that you keep a gun under your pillow."

She widens her eyes and then pulls her sunglasses down to glare over at me from across the table, "It was one time and it was because someone made me watch a horror movie"

I smirk back at her and shrug until Steve comes back into coms, "Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him."

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us," I chuckle into coms until we see a garbage truck coming down the road.

"Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it."

"That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed," Sam alerts us, making mine and Natasha's light bulbs go off, "It's a battering ram," we both say in unison.

"Go now."

"What?" Wanda perks up, alarmed but I stand up, reaching my hand out for Natasha to take. She does and we usher Wanda outside.