Chapter 57 || Get Out

Heyooooo :)

"You had to come to Budapest, didn't you?" Natasha follows Yelena into the kitchen who pulls out another bottle of Vodka from the fridge, sighing.

"I came here because I thought you wouldn't."

She places down an extra two shot glasses and fills the mini cups up, along with her own.

"But since you're here...What bullet does that?" She points behind us and I pivot to look at the wall, seeing the holes. Chuckling, I walk over and take a shot glass myself.

"Not bullets. Arrows."

She clinks with me, "Ah, right." Yelena says with a smile flashed at me and we take the shots but Natasha isn't amused by us and our little bonding.

She slaps the vials and the pictures of them on the table, "If you didn't think I'd come here, why'd you send me this?"

The blonde Russian stares at the red vials and widens her eyes, "You brought it back here?"

She rushes out of the room, her eyes casting through windows for any threats. When I make eye contact with Natasha, she seems just as confused as me but we follow Yelena nonetheless.

"I'm not here trying to be your friend, but you need to tell us what that is," Nat demands while Yelena sighs, walking into a room.

"It's a synthetic gas. The counteragent to chemical subjugation. The gas immunizes the brain's neuro-pathways from external manipulation."

External manipulation? It's a cure to some form of mind control?

Natasha scoffs, "Maybe in English next time?"

"​​это противоядие от контроля над разумом," Yelena snarks back and I nearly chuckle but Natasha beside me rolls her eyes, "настоящая зрела."

"Why don't you take it to one of your super-scientist friends? Tony Stark, maybe?"

I chuckle at that as I help Nat take her jacket off, hearing her wince at the most likely formed bruises from her fight with Yelena and the past few days as I do so.

"Oh yeah, we're not really talking right now so," I shrug back at Yelena who groans.

"Great. Perfect timing. Where's an Avenger when you need one..." She mumbles in annoyance as she shoves clothes into a bag.

The two women continue to build up their tension when Natasha whips her head around, glaring daggers at Yelena as she hisses, "I don't wanna be here. We're on the run, you could've gotten us killed."

Yelena looks at us with guilty eyes, clearly not aware of our situation with the team. I place a comforting hand on Natasha's shoulder before I help her pull the shirt over her head.

"Well what was I supposed to do? You're the only superhero...person that I know..." I look back at the blonde when she trails off and see her eyes glued to Natasha's back.