Chapter 15 || That's Your Mission

"So you're still trying to gage which of your powers you have since banished?"

"Exactly. It's been a while, I try to not use my powers' full extent because one, I don't need to and two, I usually win the fight before I even break a sweat." The last part earns an eye roll from her, making me smirk in utter victory.

Something about getting under her skin is just so beyond satisfying, I can't explain it. She isn't actually annoyed, I would be able to tell. She's more of a...playfully irritated, it's light-hearted.

We continue on until we reach the SHIELD agents that take us up in a jet, Brock Rumlow at the lead of it, but I don't like it. Something isn't right about this.

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago."

"Any demands?" I question him, to which he shrugs, "Billion and a half."

"Why so steep?"

"Because it's SHIELD's."

Nodding, I look back at the mission board, "So it's not off-course, it's trespassing."

"I'm sure they have a good reason," Natasha smirks at it, that excited look in her eyes. She can't wait to destroy these goons.

I, on the other hand, groan as I pull my hood up over my head, making sure all my arrows are ready, my daggers on my calves, guns prepared at my hips.

"Ya know, I'm getting real sick and tired of being Fury's damn janitor. Didn't come down from Olympus for this crap..." The last part comes out in a mumble, to which Natasha chuckles, walking over to me.

"Relax, it's not that complicated." She stops herself infront of me. My breath catches when I feel her fingers grabbing hold of my mask, pulling it up and over my nose.

"Twenty-five, top mercs, led by this guy. Georges Batroc. Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties."

Glancing over at the monitor, I feel Natasha's fingers grab my chin, turning my face to look back towards her as I gulp. In this moment I am thankful for my mask to hide the blush definitely forming.

"Hostages?" I nearly cough out.

Her eyes are locked on me. I feel her reaching into my pocket, grabbing my phone and earbuds out. She freezes all of a sudden, and I suddenly prepare myself to disappear forever.

She felt it through my pocket. I felt her fingers brush it. Gulping, I watch as her eyes snap down at my pants, eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell. They're in the galley."

Natasha looks back up at me but before she can say anything I snatch my phone and earbuds out of her hands, then turn away from her abruptly, making my way to Rumlow as I focus back in on the mission.

Great. She's going to be even more freaked out by me.

"What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship? Alright, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat, you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get 'em out. Let's move."

"STRIKE, you heard Agent Crest. Gear up."

I press my wrist comms, "Secure channel seven."

Natasha approaches me, snapping her parachute into place. "Seven secure. That's a fun little addition you got there."