Chapter 47 || The Plan

Warning: Extremely long chapter :)  Anygays, attendance here

Sam and I roam around the lobby of a hotel, observing people walking around, kids with their parents coming to stay for a vacation, just living their lives.

"So you're a god."

"That I am."

"Do I need to pray or something?"

I chuckle and toss him a smile, "Not that kind of god. But feel free to bow every time I enter a room."

Sam laughs and pats my back, "Yeah I'm definitely not doing that."

We walk until we hear a news broadcast on the television in the lobby.

"The Vienna conference for the signing of the Sokovia Accords was just bombed..." My eyes snap over to the screen, seeing the building blow.

"Natasha was in that building, Sam."

He looks over at me and nods, "let's go find Cap."

We run through the lobby until we find Cap talking to Sharon, Peggy's niece.

My hands start shaking as fear shoots through my body. What if she's dead? What if Natasha is gone? What the hell could've happened?

"Steve. There's something you gotta see," Sam pants out and we all head up to a room to watch the broadcast as Sharon gets on the phone. I call Natasha but get no answer.

"Crap," I whine and try calling her again.

"A bomb hidden in a news van ripped through the UN building in Vienna. More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political"

"I need to get to work," Sharon says as she comes up to us in front of the television.

"Reach Romanoff?" Steve mumbles but I shake my head solemnly with my lip quivering as I try to speak.

"She's Natasha, she isn't that easy to wipe out," Sam whispers and I try to force a smile until my phone lights up, ringing.

"It's her," I breathe out and answer quickly.

"Hey! You scared the crap out of me. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, don't worry."

"Natasha–" "I can't talk long. Don't do anything stupid," she warns me but I chuckle, "No promises."

"Kaden. I'm serious."

"We gotta head out," Steve orders and I gulp, nodding as I breathe shakily, "Doll I–" "I gotta go," she mumbles and hangs up before I can get another word in.

"Shit," I groan and follow the others out the door so we can find Barnes.

I know Steve. He wants to protect Bucky. He got through to him once, though. Maybe he can do it again? Is that possible? Did he really even do this? Or did someone just frame him to make it seem like it was his fault?

The news caught him easily, that doesn't seem like his style.

Great, look at me. Supporting my girlfriend's ex.

We get to Vienna and stay as far from the scene as we can until Steve pulls out his phone.

"Who is he calling?" I mumble and Sam smirks, "your girlfriend."

"She's gonna kill us," I sigh and watch Steve.

"You alright?" I hear Steve say and I get closer to listen in, he doesn't fight back, he let's me join.