Chapter 54 || Run

HEYOOOOO Attendance time ya dorks :) 

I grunt when I feel her sword slice through my upper arm. She continues swinging at me but I dodge and clank my fire sword against hers.

"Keep the anger in check, Apollo. Remember what we practiced." Thena lunges at me again and I jump aside, then kick her in the back, watching her stumble, bringing me to a fit of laughter.

"Goddess of war, everyone!" I shout to the audience of 3.

She scoffs and turns around, "Your battle skills have improved. You may actually make me sweat this time."

My face turns up into a challenging grin as I prepare myself, pulling my elbow back with my sword as I my legs bend slightly in preparation.

"Give me your best shot Athena."

Her eyes narrow, "What have I told you about dropping the 'A?'"

She comes at me, our swords colliding before she grunts, kicking me in the stomach. I drop the sword and wave my hand so it disappears but the fire latches to my fist that I plunge into her stomach, knocking her back.

Her sword shifts into a spear that she launches towards me but I catch it and throw it back, wielding my old golden arrows and shooting them.

She catches two and dodges the third, "accuracy still sucks," She taunts and I laugh, "Maybe in this realm."

We continue fighting until she gets a hit on my face, making me growl, feeling the lion bubbling inside of me.

She clicks her tongue with a devious smirk. My eyes catch Natasha leaning against the arena's railing, eyebrows furrowed in concern.

I close my eyes and swing at her but miss, making me stumble forward until she kicks me from behind, making me fall to the ground, her foot pressing into my spine to keep me there.

I struggle against her strength, one of the things I hate about fighting Thena, she is a bit stronger than me. And has clearly gotten even stronger.

When I hear Natasha call out to me, "Kaden!" I look over and instead of seeing her face right now, I see the image of her face from my vision all that time ago.

My eyes shut tightly as I grunt, "No..."

"Apollo, focus," Thena urges me to stay calm but the image burns into my head.

Natasha's body, ripped apart. Dead.

Grunting, I stand up and feel my body change in an instant, the lion taking over.

My mind is everywhere but I am still present, I can feel him fighting me, but I look to Natasha who stares at me with reassuring eyes.

"Breathe, you can do this," Her calming voice says, the soft smile on lips easing me a bit but the anger of the lion fights on through.

"Apollo!" Thena shouts, making me turn and see her, running at me with a weapon.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Natasha shrieks and when Thena swipes her sword at me I grunt and the lion takes over my thoughts in an instant.

Thena fights with the lion, dodging his attacks as Natasha watches her fiancée in concern.

"She acts out when she's attacked. She's lost control, I can tell," Natasha says to Artemis and Hermes who watch on cautiously.

Artemis stands up, her bow at the ready but she stays calm, not wanting to shoot her sister.

"Apollo is strong, Natasha. Give her a minute."