Chapter 30 || Jealousy, Jealousy

A/N: Attendance here loves

By the time we get back to the tower, Steve shows us images and tells us about the enhanced boy and girl. Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Wanda's powers are neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation and Pietro's are increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis.

No one understood what that meant so he reiterated what Maria Hill told him, saying "he's fast and she's weird."

However, besides mine and the Hulk's rampages, we were successful. Tony got Loki's scepter.

I look at Bruce from a chair in the corner and offer a small smile, "You alright?"

Turning from the monitor he's staring at, he nods slowly, "Think so...you?"

"Think so," I attempt to smile again but it falters. I just can't seem to wrap my mind around the bloodshed I caused. Sure they were bad guys but did I have to murder them all? All I wanted was to be able to control my power, understand it. I still haven't been able to fully understand the lengths of my abilities, mostly due to my father exiling me before I had the chance.

My eyes catch Nat with Dr. Cho talking to Clint as she heals him and Tony comes into the lab, "Alright. Look alive, JARVIS. It's play time. We've only got a couple days with this joystick so let's make the most of it. Update me on the structural and compositional analysis."

"The scepter is alien. There are elements I can't quantify." I stare at the scepter JARVIS just attempted to describe and walk towards it, feeling a weird pull as I stare at the blue glow.

"So there's elements you can?" I say as I stare at it, Tony moving a way to make himself a shake of some kind.

"The jewel appears to be a protective housing for something inside. Something powerful."

"Like a reactor?" Tony quips, staring out the window at the landing across the way.

"Like a computer. I believe I'm deciphering code."

Code. What kind of code? And why do I feel such a strong pull to this? It's as if it's trying to tell me something. But what is it?

I reach my hand out to touch it and when I do I see the Maximoff girl and a bright yellow stone in front of her. She looks scared and tired but I can feel her power and strength. It's almost god-like.

Grunting, I pull my hand away when I feel that yellow stone glowing so hard it attacks me, pressuring my head to the point I fear it may pop. My legs give out as I collapse to the ground, hearing voices shouting at me.

My mind gets clouded, seeing that stone nearly pulsating, that Maximoff girl touching it. Fuck, it hurts.

"Crest? Crest! Come on, Kaden, talk to me."

Nat.

Her voice pulls me out of my painful spell, making me finally open my eyes and see her. A blurry image at first but it starts to clear up when I feel her hands on either side of my face, eyes searching to meet mine.

"What happened?"

"I don't...I don't know."

Tony stares at me from behind her, along with the others. I can sense their curiosity from here but the only gaze that concerns me the most is Thor's. He's suspicious of me, and I am starting to think that he's catching on to who I truly am.

"Come on, let's get you showered and relaxed before Tony throws his party."

Sighing, I stand up and follow Natasha to my room where she stands with her arms crossed.