𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 19

༶•┈┈ ✧ ┈♛ ♛┈✧ ┈┈•༶

┈┈ ┈┈

She kept her promise, she didn't got out of the pub, not even when Ada came in claiming that she was going to stop them all, Adeline tried to persuade him to leave it alone, but she's a Shelby, they are as stubborn as they come.

Peter had come with Finn to tell her when the battle started since both of them weren't allowed in it. She sat with them in one of the booths, Finn's head on her lap as he napped and Peter besides her stressing for his father.

After some minutes ruckus was heard outside and she stood up, Finn waking up and sitting up. Multiple men came in from the door holding a bleeding Tommy Shelby. She gasped and ran towards him, willing all of her guts to stop turning at the sight of the blood.

They put him over a table, and Adeline went to grab a bottle of rum to disinfect it. She gave it to Abaramah and he quickly thanked her before getting back to work. Not wanting to be an obstacle, she went to Finn and Peter and brought them out of that room and into the snug. She kept them there as she got back out, Tommy's screams and grunts filling the room.

"Ah, i still have the knack" Abaramah said as he held the bullet and put it in a cup.

"Have a drink" Arthur gave Tommy a bottle and Tommy took it gulping it down to numb the pain. Adeline walked towards them and grabbed the bottle nodding at Arthur "all right, Tommy. Deep breath"

Arthur held him still as Adeline outed alcohol in the wound, his painful groans reaching her ears as she passed a hand through his hair with her other hand.

"It's okay, Tommy. It's okay. Shh" she comforted him as he fisted her dress in his hands.

Everyone arrived at the pub some minutes later, Adeline had put a cloth in Tommy's wound and his suit above it, since he could barely move his arm. All the men where in the snug drinking to the seat of Danny Whizz-Bang.

They got out of the snug and joined the party outside, however Tommy still seemed lost and somehow sad. He kept looking at the clock in the wall above the bar.

When the clock ticked seven he closed his eyes as if it hurted him that it did. Adeline walked towards him, hugging him by the waist as she looked up at him.

"You almost broke your promise" Adeline said.

"Almost" he scanned her face as if he was memorizing it and passed a hand through her silky locks that were down and over her shoulders.

"So, what's next? What happens now?" She asked.

"I'm sorry" he whispered putting his forehead to hers.

"What are you sorry for, silly?" She asked confused.

"It was for the best, I'm sorry" and just as he said that multiple car lights shone through the windows of the pub.

"Tommy?" She frowned looking at the windows and looked back at him.

I'm the morning...

"It's curious inspector" Tommy said lowering his gun "I thought you came here to clean up the city. Not to sleep with it's whores. You're no different from any other copper that came before you"

"I'm no different from those who would follow should I choose to leave"

"You've no reason to stay" Tommy replied "You have what you came for"

"Not entirely, you see" Campbell started "One of the tasks was to get the guns back and take you down, but I got another rather worrying request from a rank way more higher than mine"

Tommy didn't say anything only looked at the disgusting man indicating him to continue with this absurd talk.

"You see, the daughter of the king escaped some months ago, nobody knew where or why, if she was going to come back" Campbell looked back at Tommy if he had caught  up his words "You never did know who Adeline's father was, did you?"

Tommy's face maintained the same unfazed stare while Campbell talked. Inside his lungs seemed to have a hard time to work and his heart seemed to want to beat out of his chest at Campbell's words.

"The king has a proposal for you" Campbell announced "You return his daughter and all of your charges and your family's will be lifted, the coppers will run out of town and leave your business alone. I think it's a pretty great deal, your family's business or dimwit posh lady who didn't know who you were until some
months ago"

"It's your decision Thomas Shelby. Do you accept?"

"Tommy, what's happening?" She asked him her voice gaining a high pitch. The rest of the peaky blinders stood up, ready to fight against the coppers.

Arthur and John grabbing their guns, as Polly grabbed one from the table besides her. However they stopped when Tommy raised a hand indicating not to worry, they lowered their guns with confused faces.

The doors of the pub opened and multiple coppers entered the establishment. They nodded at Tommy.

"We're here for Adeline Aston" the copper that seemed to be leader said. And Adeline's eyes widen looking at Tommy in disbelief.

"What have you done, Thomas?" Polly said from behind them.

"Tommy, what are they saying?" Adeline asked him, trying to ignore what her brain was telling her, she glared at the copper "I'm not going anywhere"

"It's not your choice, lady, it's already done. You for protection" he explained and gasps where heard around the room mainly from the Shelby's and Aston's.

"Is it true?" She turned to look back at Thomas who couldn't even look her in the eye. She pushed him harshly by the chest "is it true?!"

"Yes"

"How could you? You heartless arsehole" she looked at him as she felt tears welling in her eyes. She felt as one of the coppers when to grab her arm and she shrugged him off sending him a freezing glare. "I want my Tommy back"

"Do you need to get something before we leave, miss?" The leader asked her.

"No, there's nothing I have here" she glared at Tommy before glancing to her family who all held heart broken looks, Polly having tears rolling down her cheeks, and Finn looking like he wanted to run towards her but being held back by a furious looking Benjamin "Goodbye"

The coppers led her to the cars as they opened the door of it for her to enter and closing it after she was safe inside. The multiple cars turn on to life as they starting to drive away. She turned to look through the window in the back and saw as the town turned smaller and smaller.

She lost everything, after she had just gain it back, after she opened her heart to Tommy Shelby he took it in his grip and shredded it with a simple snap of his fingers.

A tear dropped. A cold salty tear sliding down her face, as she watched her home disappear from the horizon.

┈┈ ┈┈

END OF ACT I
5/08/2022