𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 10

༶•┈┈ ✧ ┈♛ ♛┈✧ ┈┈•༶

┈┈ ┈┈

She was serving drinks at the Garrinson when Finn entered and got up into the bar snatching the picture of her father from the wall.

"Finn, what are you doing?" Adeline asked.

"We are having a fire" The youngest Shelby answered not stopping his walk out of the pub.

She looked at Harry who looked as confused as she was, she took of her apron and walked out, grabbing her purse, her coat and waving goodbye to Harry.

She hurriedly  to Watery Lane and found a multitude of people in the middle of the street in the middle a huge fire burning bright. The blonde girl walked to them until she found herself shoulder to shoulder with the Shelby brothers, her uncle and Peter.

"What's going here?" She asked.

"We are burning the pictures of the king" the sentence that came out of John's mouth struck her frozen, not even Tommy announcing to 'chuck them in' affected her.

"I hope to god you know what you're doing" Arthur said to Tommy while looking into the fire. Adeline frowned and clenched her hands around her dress to stop her from doing something stupid.

Yes. Her father had lied to her. But he was still her father. He had raised her for the half of her life and he loved her when he was there. And watching people burn his picture and enjoy it, burned something deep within her heart.

She left to her house when she heard something about an interviewer coming, someone working in such a social job was bound to know who she was.

So the lady went to sleep with the bright light of the fire through her window and smell of the ash coming from the burning pictures of her father.

┈┈ ┈┈

On the morning she stayed a bit more time for breakfast with Polly who was reading the morning paper while she sipped on her tea. Ada walked in the kitchen some minutes later with tired eyes.

"Good of you to join us" Polly said without taking one glance at Ada. "Where have you been?"

"In bed" Ada answered taking out two slices of bread. "Couldn't sleep. Then I couldn't wake up. Then I was cold and then I had to go for a wee. Then i was in this bear with a boat, but that was just a dream. Then I was hungry" Ada sat down besides her. Adeline slowly turned to look at Ada when she mentioned that remembering hearing of similar things from other ladies "Why are you reading the paper?"