𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 2

༶•┈┈ ✧ ┈♛ ♛┈✧ ┈┈•༶

┈┈ ┈┈

1919, Wales Manor

She woke up with a pounding headache, the light leaking through the curtains making her head hurt more, she groaned and she realized she was in her empty tub.

She stood up, almost falling over and looked in the bathroom mirror, she was still wearing her party clothes, her make up was smudged and lips cracked dried.

She went back to the tub but tripped on something and fell to the floor. She looked to her right to see her friend the proud Lady Katherine of York asleep on the floor in front of the toilet.

"Katherine" Adeline whispered nudging her with her hand.

"Five more minutes" the girl groaned.

"Katherine" She said louder but it was responded with a snore. She sighed and bathed with her friend passed out on the floor.

She was in a towel when the door to her bathroom opened. And she clumsily turned around to find Mary Williams.

"Mary!" Adeline screamed and Katherine woke up with a gasp.

"You are both late, girls" the woman announced holding her walking stick.

"Late for what?" Katherine muttered yawning at the end. Adeline went to her mirror to brush her hair that looked like a nest.

"The brunch " the woman said with a smile, Katherine gasped and Adeline groaned it was too early in the morning to be dealing with prissy fifty year old ladies.

"I really don't want to go" Adeline stated brushing the knots out of her hair, while Katherine assaulted Adeline's expensive closet.

"you have to" Mary answered shortly sitting in the armchair in the bathroom.

"Can I borrow your Prada bag?" Katherine's voice asked from inside her closet putting on Adeline's clothes -a common occurrence- looking at the new bag in her shelve.

"Of course" Adeline answered and Mary signal her to go change and reluctantly she did.

After dressing on a blue dress with pearls lining the neckline she was ready.

The three women went on their way to the palace terrains where the brunch was taking place.

In their view a big tent appeared and Adeline grabbed Mary's hand.

"Remember Adeline, you are above them all" the older woman said to her and Adeline smiled.

When they entered the talking disolved into whispers and some ladies smiled at them while others just looked them up and down.