𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 11

༶•┈┈ ✧ ┈♛ ♛┈✧ ┈┈•༶

┈┈ ┈┈

It was Adeline's turn to clean the bar and close it at the end of the night. Harry was with his family and Grace had run god knows where. So while sweeping the floor and humming a song that she had once her in a party she heard strong knocks on the door.

She frowned and stood straight before dusting off her apron. And slowly opened the door. Adeline was surprised to find Tommy on the other side of the door soaking wet in rain water.

"We are already closed, Tommy" she said going back to sweep the floor.

"Just get me a drink" he took off his hat walking to the bar, she sighed tiredly and went behind the bar to serve him his usual. She put the bottle and the cup on the bar and they were quickly snatched away by Tommy who preferred to sit in one of the already cleaned tables.

"Do you want to be alone?" She asked irritated on his dry behavior.

"I came here for company" he pulled out a wooden chair and dropped into it "Where's Harry?"

"He took the night off to go to the pictures with his family" Adeline took of her apron not willing to clean again walking towards Tommy and sitting in the chair next to him. He served himself a drink and Adeline wanted him to say something "How's the horse?"

"I just put a bullet in his head" he gulped down the rest of his drink. Adeline didn't show any emotion at first, but inside she felt for him, knowing that his unfazed behavior was him trying not to care, not to feel.

"Was he lame?" She asked with a frown.

"He looked at me the wrong way. It's not a good idea to look at Tommy Shelby the wrong way" he explained and Adeline looked at him with something a kin to pity. "Don't look at me like that"

"Like what?"

"Like you pity me"

"I don't pity you" she crossed her arms "I just think it's sad that you have to keep this facade that you don't care, I know you do"

"Oh, really?" He sarcastically said.

"Yeah, I know what it is to keep up with appearances because you think you are stronger that way or becuase you won't get hurt that way, but just know that you can stop the charade with me" she answered ignoring his answer.

"You know in France, in France, I got used to see men die" he started not meeting her eyes looking like he was remembering something "Never got used to seeing horses die, they die badly"

"You know I've been remembering things lately, not a lot but it's something" she said to try and distract him from whatever he was thinking as he lighted a cigarette "I remembered we used to sneak out, to see the horses at Charlie's, you'll always hold my hand 'cause it was dark and you didn't wanted me to get lost"