𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 28

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

After that night, Tommy had slept peacefully at her side, but she left. Not purposely, she wanted to stay, but she had a class in the morning and she didn't want to be late. So, with a kiss and a explaining note she left Ada's house.

After class and tea with Katherine she went back home and as she opened the door she heard music playing from the living room. The blonde woman frowned and grabbed the umbrella at the side of the door, it was not much but if it was an intruder it would distract them enough to run.

She walked silently into the living room with a pounding heart and umbrella in position to attack, however she put it down when she noticed a familiar form smoking and reading the paper on the side of the sofa.

"How did you get in?" She sighed leaving the umbrella leaning on the wall, and taking off her coat.

"You weren't there in the morning" Tommy said blowing smoke out and putting out his cigarette as he took the newspaper from his face.

"I had class and I left you a note" she shrugged.

"I wanted to wake up with you" he stood up from his seat and walked towards her until he was in front of her, tucking some of her hair behind her ear.

"I thought you had important stuff at Birmingham" she brushed the invisible dust off his shoulders.

"I do, but my brothers can take care of it for a day or two" he twirled a strand of blonde hair.

"That sounds quite dangerous to be honest"

"It's worth it in my opinion" he put his arms around her waist and she rose a brow.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to gain my woman back" he whispered nudging his nose with hers. "Now, do you want to go for a walk?"

Tommy Shelby going to a afternoon walk, are cows going to start flying now?

"Alright, if you feel like it" she said with wide eyes at his suggestion, he nodded and put on his coat before grabbing hers and helping her putting it on.

He opened the door for her and kissed her forehead before taking her hand in his and started walking forward with her in tow. They walked to a nearby park with calm talk after Adeline had gotten over her shock, they talked and walk like old friends because somehow they were, they were going back to what should have been from the start.

Tommy always thought that if Adeline hadn't been taken away, she would've been his from the start , they wouldn't have missed all that time, and then they lost more time all because of Tommy's arrogance.

Her feet started hurting when the sun started to hid and only then Adeline noticed that they had been walking around for a couple of hours, on their way back they encountered a flower seller, Tommy bought her flowers.

White tulips.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Who is the one leaving now?" She raised herself on her elbow as she laid on her side in the bed watching him change into his clothes after they were done. It had already been a couple of days, they had spent them all together.

"I wouldn't leave if I didn't had to, luludyi" he buttoned his cuffs and Adeline bit her lip at the scene in front of her. "Stop looking at me like that or I'll never get to Birmingham"

Her smile fell at the thought of him leaving again. Would he just leave and never come back? What if this was just another ruse of his? He wouldn't do that would he?

"Why are you frowning?" He questioned and she instantly smiled at him.

"It's nothing" she smiled at him but he had already seen the sadden look on her face.

"What has you frowning, luludyi?" He asked once more but there was no answer from her. "Is it because I'm leaving?"

"Partly" she did not look into his eyes when she muttered the word as if she was ashamed of her own distrustful thoughts.

"I'm going to come back, I promise on everything, and if I have to I'll drive to London every weekend and see you, I will, just so I can get you to trust me again" he cupped her face softly between his rough hands. "I love you, do you understand me?"

"Yes" she sighed and leaned into the warm of his hands. "I love you too, please come back and do not leave me alone"

And so he left with a kiss goodbye a week without him, but it was not much because he was back at the weekend like he had promised.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"The races are coming closer" Ada told her one afternoon together. "Are you going?"

"I dunno know, Tommy says it's going to be dangerous, so I'll probably stay with you and Polly"

"So what is with you and my brother?" Ada turned completely towards her in the sofa. "Is he forgiven yet?"

"Not completely"

"Well, I hope soon he's wasting all the money in petrol with all the trips to London" Ada mused.

"Honestly Ada, he should spent that and more after what he did, and he should be getting use to it, I'm of high maintenance, my dear friend" she shrugged taking a sip from her tea.

"Mae will be at the races, with Tommy" Ada taunted with a smirk.

"So, let her, it would be a pity when he rejects her, though I kinda want to see it" Adeline said with a thinking face that had Ada deflating completely.

"Are you really not worried about her?" Ada asked. "She's jealous of you, jealousy can make people do a lot of things"

"Ada, of course she's jealous, look at me, I'm everything she wants to be" the blonde woman shrugged with an air of superiority. "Besides, even though I still don't trust Tommy completely, I believe him when he says he loves me"

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
She speaks!
Honestly if you think he didn't grovel enough or she should have left him I'm going to punch you in the face because I honestly don't care. If you don't like it you don't have to read it.