𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 16

༶•┈┈ ✧ ┈♛ ♛┈✧ ┈┈•༶

┈┈ ┈┈

The Aston girl accompanied Polly to give Ada food, since she hasn't wanted to come out of that rotten basement in days.

They walk down some dark stairs leaving their umbrellas on the entrance. A small wooden door was at the end of the stairs indicating Ada's current house. Polly knocked on the door leaving the food at her feet.

"Open up, love" Polly said "I brought more things for you and the baby. Got some fresh eggs and bread. I'll leave it here"

"There's also clothes for the baby" Adeline said besides Polly, when they heard the baby cry. "Thought you'd need them."

"Babies don't have principles, Ada" Polly said as she grabbed the basket from the floor and took Adeline's arm to leave.

They went back to Watery lane and to the house, Polly slammed the door shut and went to the kitchen, that unfortunately for Polly, Tommy was in. The woman slammed the basket on the the table. Adeline laid it gently and kissed Tommy on the cheek as greeting.

"Did you speak to her?" Tommy asked while  he brushed his hand into her hair.

"She didn't speak back" Polly replied and Adeline went to organize the food in the baskets to their places, her fingers aching to organize the food.

"What did you tell her?" Tommy asked when Polly paced in the other room.

"I'll only tell her what I know to be true" Polly answered.

"It's the last time I am going to say this. It wasn't me who shopped Freddie Thorne" Tommy said. When the news of Freddie Thorne being arrested spread, everyone believed that Thomas was the one behind it, even he's own family, the only ones who believed him where Peter and Adeline.

"Tommy" Polly left whatever she was doing and turned to him "I'd ask you to swear on the Bible, but you can't swear on that, can you? Nothing you hold sacred"

She left the room and Adeline sighed turning to look at Tommy who leaned back into the wall. She went to him grabbing his face between her hands making him look down at her.

"She'll come around" Adeline smiled at trying to comfort him. He looked at her for some time trying to take in how beautiful she looked today so he kissed her, a soft and sweet kiss so unlike Thomas Shelby. God, he was soft around her, like her mere presence brought the Tommy before the war.

┈┈ ┈┈