𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

༶•┈┈ ✧ ┈♛ ♛┈✧ ┈┈•༶

┈┈ ┈┈

1905 Small Heath

In a bleak house in the grey town of small heath a life was beginning to lose it's light.

Inside a small house by watery lane Cassandra Aston was in the process of turning in another victim of a vicious fever that will eventually take her life.

The family that barely even had a penny to eat could not afford the right medicine to cure the sweet woman and so in a hurry they looked for help in their neighbors and dear friends the Shelby's, who once claimed they had gypsy magic and at this point the family would try anything.

But for their bad luck nothing seems to be working and the life clock of Cassandra Aston seemed to go slower and slower by the minute.

By the side of her death bed a five year old girl was holding tightly on her mother's hand.

The woman had a lot of regrets in her life but her precious daughter Adeline will never be one of them even if she was conceived out of wedlock and old lady's in the market whispered about the unknown father of the child. Adeline was the greatest that happened to Cassandra.

The woman kept the secret of the heritage of Adeline to protect her from the shame that will fall on her by society if they were to find out, so the moment the man left her she never uttered his name again, not even when her brother would interrogate her for hours.

There was a knock on the bedroom door bringing the little girl out of her daydream of sunsets and flowers, she stood up from the chair and opened the door where stood Polly Gray.

"What are you doing here, Addy? you are going to get sick too" the woman said entering the room and leaving her bag on the chair she was previously on.

"I just wanted to accompany mum" Adeline explained with a tiny voice and Polly looked at her with something like pity.

"Well why don't you go play with Ada for a bit while I tend to your mum" Polly said and the little girl gave her mother a kiss on the forehead before running out of the door and towards the Shelby's house with a small smile. The little girl was best friends with the Shelby children, growing up with them side by side, playing with Ada,, bickering with Arthur, play fighting with John and walks on hills with Tommy -her favorite activity, not that she would say it out loud.

She knocked in their front door and from behind the door there was some light cursing before it opened, she was meet with a pair of familiar blue piercing eyes

"Adeline?" A fourteen year old Tommy questioned looking down at the girl with pigtails.

"Hello, Tommy" She greeted before shoving pass him inside the house.