𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 5

༶•┈┈ ✧ ┈♛ ♛┈✧ ┈┈•༶

┈┈ ┈┈

Ben spat the whiskey he was drinking out and even Tommy's eyes widen a fraction.

Adeline took a sip from her tea.

Ben was breathing heavily, he stood up and with a grace scream he pulled his gun out and pointed it to her. Adeline didn't react to the barrel of the gun that sat some centimeters away from her eyes.

"Is this a fucking joke?!" He bellowed "I'll shoot your bloody brains out"

"Taking a gun out on a lady, not very gentlemanly of you uncle dearest" Adeline answered wiping her mouth with a napkin in little taps.

"That's a strong statement" Tommy said calmly, almost all of small Heath knew who Adeline was, Small Heath witnessed sweet little Adeline being taken away and since the peaky blinders started to become more recognized desperate women have come forward claiming they were her. Polly either broke down on sobs or threw the girl out on the street by the hair.

There's to say that the Shelby's and Aston's were tired of false hope.

But there was something different about this one. She looked like she was from money, which contrasted greatly from other women that were just looking for money.

She had an elegant voice but if you listen to her with care you could detect the slightest brummie accent in it when she wasn't concentrated.

And lastly her brown eyes, women had the decency to claim they were Adeline while sporting blue eyes or green. But hers- he was almost sure they were the same he had gaze in as a little boy, the same ones that would crinkle when she laughed and the same ones that he had cleaned tears from when her mother died.

But he couldn't trust rusty memories from when he was a kid, life had told him never to rely on his emotions.

"Do you have proof you are who you claim to be?" Tommy questioned unimpressed lighting a cigarette while Ben still had his gun pointed at her.

"I do in fact" She moved the neck of her dress slightly showing off more of the silky skin on her collarbones which Tommy didn't doubt to move his gaze to. She pulled something that was under the top of her dress.

She pulled out a necklace, a necklace he recognized and that Ben did too.

Ben inhaled deeply and dropped the gun, his eyes were crystallized and he looked like he was about to cry.

He walked towards her and pulled her into a hug. Adeline was frozen, she hasn't had a hug like this one since she was thirteen and some girls and boys had called her a 'bastard' to her face, Mary had comforted her until she fell asleep. That was also the last time she had cried.