𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 1

༶•┈┈ ✧ ┈♛ ♛┈✧ ┈┈•༶

┈┈ ┈┈

That day after she woke up she didn't know where she was, she was in a big fancy room, way fancier that she had ever seen, the sheets on the bed where white silk and the covers were fluffy and warm, a lot of windows on the right side of the room and an expensive looking chandelier on the ceiling.

She stood up and went to one of the windows and the sight amazed her, a garden that seemed never ending, full of flowers and fountains, Adeline thought she was in a fairytale.

She heard the door open behind her and she turned around to find a man with graying hair, there was something familiar in him. She was so wrapped in her mind that the girl didn't notice that her head was pounding.

"Hello" the man approached her and the girl stood still by the window "Do you know who I am?"

Th girl shook her head looking at him with her big eyes. He smiled warmly at her and kneeled to look her in the eyes "I'm your father"

The girl gasped and it seemed that the puzzle in her brain had solved, she had seen him everyday in her eyes, they were the same chocolate color eyes. She smiled and launched at him, hugging him by the neck with her skinny arms. The man hugged her back.

He had met Cassandra one day on the streets of London when he wanted peace of mind for one second, he had bumped into her and when he helped her from the floor he swore he was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. The next day he went to a cafe on the street near his secret apartment and she was there as a waitress and even with her stained uniform she had looked beautiful, after that he frequented the cafe- on incognito so he wouldn't be recognized but Cassandra was a smart woman.

Cassandra obviously knew who the man was, his portrait was in every house she went to, and when he asked her to accompany him on a walk, she couldn't help but say yes and from there a romance bloomed, a whole year they were together and romance turned into love, but all good things must come to an end, when someone caught a whiff of his romance he had to end it, not for him but for Cassandra's safety, so Cassandra went back to Birmingham and George to his royal duties, but in all of their time together Cassandra had never told him where she was from or where she grew up, but he soon forgot about it focusing more in their loving memories.

After six years he decided to end with the mystery of where she was and look for her, when the detective told him she had died, but had one child he was curious, and asked to see the records of this child, and as he suspected a child with no father and with his same brown eyes, the man he didn't doubt to go looking for her.

And now having his child on his arms was everything.

He grabbed her hand and gave her a tour on the manor she was to live in for the next years on her life. His first idea was to bring her to the palace, but unfortunately for him, his wife somehow knew of the bastard child he had and said that if he brings that child to the palace she would spread everywhere the rumor of this child- thing she did anyway and now it was only a matter of time until whole London knows- so he did the next thing, brought her to the mansion in the outskirts of the terrain in the palace.

Every time the man brought the girl into a new room she would gasp and gush about every single thing in it, halfway through the tour the girl realized she didn't remember what had happened yesterday or just the past years of her life, she remembered her mother, her uncle and another woman.

She was brought out of her day dream by the man telling her this was her new home and she forgot everything she was thinking about before.

┈┈ ┈┈

The years passed and Adeline grew up in riches, she had everything a person could dream of, everything that she asked for her father would give, except the one thing she wanted- company- she would have changed all the riches for some company, her father visited her to the mansion some times when he was free but apart from that she grew up alone, watching from lonely windows the grand parties of the palace.

Slowly some memories came back, she would go into heavy day dreams trying to remember and sometimes she drove herself mad trying to figure out if they were really memories or things her brain had invented.

She mentioned it to her father but he laughed it off saying 'she had a great imagination' and even if she tried to forget about it, it was always there.

When she was ten years her father gifted her with the title of Lady of Wales and she understood why people had been surprised, what she was, why her father had kept her there and why people would give her disguised glances and whispered her name every time she was at court, but never did one people said it to her face, because even if she was a bastard, everyone knew that Adeline was the favorite child of the king. The King's little treasure.

So they reserved their snide comments in alone tea rooms and gossip. Whenever she would appear in parties people would greet her as she was normal but in many occasions their kindness came from wanting to be in favor of the king.

Her nana Mary a self made woman, thought her to never go to their level and always have her head held high because she has blue veins and could have anything in this world if she so desired.

And Adeline loved that.

┈┈ ┈┈

She speaks!
This was more of like an part 2 prologue like the real thing won't start till next chapter this chapter only explained what happened after they took her
Double update because i hate this chapter
Also not Adeline having her Anastasia moment 😔🤚
I feel like this chapter was crap but it did the job