𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 6

༶•┈┈ ✧ ┈♛ ♛┈✧ ┈┈•༶

┈┈ ┈┈

"We'll deal with that later, someone wants to meet you downstairs" Tommy said leaving the room with a low chuckle.

"Stupid Thomas" she muttered under her breath following down the stairs. Once she had stepped into the living room, she saw a woman standing besides her uncle.

She stopped at the entrance of the living room when the woman turned around, a middle aged woman with brown hair and brown eyes.

The unknown woman was scanning her up and down, looking for something that was out of place, for something that would signal this was not Adeline.

Polly walked to her stopping in front of her, looking deeply in her eyes. Adeline felt like she was being tested for something and this was the final and most important step.

Polly moved a piece of her hair behind her shoulder and then cupped her face with loving eyes.

"It is you" Polly said with a smile, tears welling in her eyes. Adeline felt a smile turning in her lips. Polly passed her hands through Adeline's her in a caring manner "I knew you would come back home, I knew it in my bones"

Adeline hugged her, she smelled like jasmine. She started to remember, her in her room, tucked in bed and half asleep, a voice singing a lullaby. Adeline hugged her tighter.

┈┈ ┈┈

"This looks nice" Polly said grabbing a dress in her suitcase where she was helping Adeline unpack. "Where did you come from? What happened after they took you?"

"Apparently my father was rich, I don't remember much of childhood, just that one day I woke up in a really nice room and he was there" Adeline explained sitting in the bed a red skirt in her hands.

"So you don't remember anything?" Polly questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"No, well not until I had an accident and I started to remember things, like the house and the river, sometimes people but their faces were always blurred" she concluded and looked at Polly who had pity shining in her eyes.

Polly thought that if she didn't remember anything from her childhood, then she didn't remember her family or at least not until the accident she talked about. She couldn't imagine what Adeline had felt all this years, like a piece of the puzzle was missing.

"Your father must be of great influence if he got all those cops that day" Polly tried to change the topic.

"Well-" Even though Adeline was a great liar, how was she supposed to tell them that her father is the king? Or how is she supposed to lie about it? Thankfully she was saved by a knock on the door frame.