44. The regretful breakdown

Date published: 26.11.2022

Words: 960+ Words

--*--*--*--*--

Manik was in his room, thinking of all that happened since morning. Bakery shop, orphanage visit, Champ's walk, donut distribution, Champ's truth, his positivity, Arohi's wish, donut preparation, Nandini's laughter, fab 5 performance, the happy content faces, lunch Arohi calling Nandini mumma, his dislike towards this, Fab 5's decision to continue music, all was going fine but then Mukti and Alya's exit, Nandini's roar, her anger, her words, her accusations, his slap, Nandini quitting, his mother's appreciation, her pride, her request, her sourness again, her painful angry eyes and then Mukti's confession. 

He wasn't able to make peace with whatever he heard, he was moving from one end to other in restlessness, all he could hear was mixed voices of Nandini and Mukti.

Whatever Nandini said was truth

You guys are the most cheap and disgusting people on Earth

We sent the goons

How could you stoop so low?

We thought she is trying to break Fab 5

You have 4 pillars to support you.

It slipped from our mind

Nandini Murthy doesn't wait for any man.

Slap

Felt Bad?

They could have molest

Man: YAaaaaaaaa

and in ager punches the glass table of his room, breaking into pieces which prick him and cause bleeding.

Man (self talk): How could I? How could I raise my hand on Nandini? HOW?

He again punches the wall with the bleeding hand which was the same hand which slapped Nandini.

Man: For the first time today, after 3 years mom talked to me, first time she asked me for something, that too because of Nandini. Today for the first time mom was happy because of me, I again saw that pride in her eyes I used to see earlier. Everything because of her and what did I do? I.. I slapped her ? And that too when she was not at fault. 
Dhruv was right, if those goons had really...

NOO, this can't happen. NOBODY CAN TOUCH NANDINI. I won't tolerate that ver. Never.

Aaahhhh. why Mukti, Why Alya, why did you do this???

Today, mom's protection came to me but instantly left. I am tired, I can't tolerate it any more.

Saying so he falls on his knees and cries.

Someone puts a hand on his shoulder from behind... Manik turns behind and finds Cabir standing there. Cabir bends down next to Manik and takes him in a brotherly hug. Both had somewhat similar pain, both had guilt in them for not trusting the girls who made them feel differently, the guilt of not being there to protect them but more than that both had pain of being deceived by their best friends, afterall hiding truth which might affect someone's life is as bad as deceiving them.

Cabir breaks the hug and makes Manik stand. He holds his bleeding hand and says

Manik, you need dressing. Come.

Manik simply follows. Cabir takes first aid box and does his dressing. After completing the dressing

Cab: Manik, let it out. Atleast don't stay quiet today.

Dhr: He is right buddy.

Dhruv too had come to check on Manik. Both Cabir and Dhruv knew that the person most affected with all the chaos is Manik and thus wanted to be with him, they wanted to stand on Nandini's belief on them of being his support pillars.

Dhr: Buddy, you are doing no good by hurting yourself like this.

Man (chuckles sadly): I have never done anything good in my life buddy. That is why today also mom turned back as soon as she came to me.

Cab: It is not like that Manik, she has misunderstood. I am sure once all this confusion gets cleared for her, she will come around.

Man: And how will that happen?

Dhr: By speaking the truth. Yes buddy, we will tell her that you had no connection with the prank.

Man: And what about Fab 5? Should I just let it fall apart for real?

Cabir and Dhruv both go quiet.

Man: You know Nandini always amazes me. And today too she did that. Just in a few meetings she understood how Fab 5 are, how deep our connections and our trust is. How confidently she said that we are all together even in this prank. If she wanted, she could have taught Mukti and Alya a lesson on the spot but she got them here, to teach us, Fab 5 a lesson.

Cab: She trusted on Fab 5's trust but we couldn't. I still can't believe our girls did this.

Dhr: You are right Cabir. Even I didn't believe that Alya too hid it from me. Look at the irony, technically we won the challenge, today Nandini herself quit the job. We should be happy, we should be celebrating right but look at us! I feel I am the biggest looser on the Earth, it feels as if I backstabbed Nandini. We were all praising her at noon for giving our music back and as soon as she turned her back to us, we stabbed her. What she must be feeling, I can't even imagine.

Cab (chuckling sarcastically): We had warned her about backstabbing and here we did that. She had been fair all the time. She kept Navya away for 5 days so that this challenge thing doesn't go out. She didn't even charge any money for teaching us.

You know that day Navya turned down my friendship, I felt bad. But today, I am glad that she did that. She listened to her friend, Nandini was right, she should be away from us.

Man (lost in his stance): Am I really that bad? That bad that I will never get mom's love back again? Will she never trust me again?

Dhruv and Cabir hug from each side:

No you are not.

Cab: It's a bad phase Manik, it will get over soon.

Dhr: Yes buddy, don't worry we are all together. We are with you. Just let this night end. I am sure new morning would bring new hopes in our lives.

--*--*--*--*--

Hello people, I am back after so long. Plan to give regular updates from now.

Hope you guys like it.

Love Love

Anks