29. Meeting Lara Maa

Date published: 02.05.2022

Words: 880+ Words

--*--*--*--*--

Nandini and Fab 5 reach God's Angles' orphanage. While Nandini gets a smile on seeing the orphanage, fab 5's faces were covered with confusion.

Nan: You all can collect your respective boxes and come with me.

Fab 5 take their boxes and walk inside with Nandini guiding them. They get surprised on seeing an orphanage having a play area, garden, small school with good facilities and all of those were well maintained. Nandini leads them to the office and starts calling out for her Lara Maa..

L.M.: What happened Nanda, why are you shouting? I am coming only!

Fab 5: Nanda?

L.M.: Yes, here she is (pointing towards Nandini) She is standing right there, who in fact behaves like my mother, Nandini aka Nanda. By the way, you are?

Nandini was all the time glaring at Lara Maa to stop calling her with that weird name but Lara Maa is a single piece.

Fab 5 giggle on hearing her nickname.

  Cab (giggling): That's nice, at least there is someone who can make Nandini tongue-tied.

Nan (to Lara Maa): Done? Now meet Fab 5, we all study together, Ms. Vardhan, Ms. Saxena, Mr. Vedant, Mr. Dhawan and he is Mr. Malhotra.

L.M. was looking at Nandini without blinking her eyes.

Nan: What happened now?

L.M.: What is this weird way of introduction? Introduce them properly with their name, I wish to know their name, so that when they become successful, then I'll know them by their first name, not by their parents' name.

Fab 5 feel weird but good, it was the first time someone wanted to know them as a person without their huge surnames.

Nan: Do I have the courage to speak against you? Ok so they are Mukti, Alya, Dhruv, Cabir and Manik (looks at Manik and finds him already looking at her).

Manik feels a strange sense of satisfaction after hearing her taking his name.

Nan (to fab 5): and she is Lara Maa, care taker of the orphanage.

Fab 5 greet her.

Nan: Lara Maa, these people with their own money have brought some snacks for the children, please request Gautam uncle to bring all the children in the garden,

L.M.: Wow, I don't believe that today's generation's children like you people too exist in today's society who spend a part of their salary on these children. Until now only Nanda used to do this, but now it feels good to know that you people also think the same. Children would be delighted to see you guys. I'll call them right away. Nanda, take them to the garden till then.

Nandini glares at her and then shakes her head.

As they started to leave, Navya entered.

Nav: Sorry sorry Nandu, I got a bit late.

She gets shocked on seeing Fab 5 there.

Nan: No worries Navya, let's sit in the garden and talk.

Fab 5 and Navni leave.

All kids were already present there.

On seeing Nandini, all kids gathered around her and hugged her from legs and waist, shouting Nandu di.

Nandini smiles brightly at them and hugs them back.

Fab 5 and Navya are surprised on seeing so much affection among them. They were noticing how happy kids were on meeting Nandini but there was one person who was only looking at her, her beautiful bright smile, a smile that came on her face for the first time since he had seen her. The smile reached her eyes for the first time, a smile that had the power to encapsulate all her surroundings.

Nandini then goes to a small kid of about 9 years of age, who was sitting alone on a bench and was smiling.

Nan: Hey champ, how are you?

Boy: I am fine di, how are you doing?

Nandini talks to him for a while, while Manik was completely lost in her. Cabir comes to him and says

Cab: Manik, who's smile is the most beautiful?

Man (lost in thoughts): Nandini...

Cabir smiles, he feels happy on finding that Manik is developing new strong feelings for Nandini but he was one hell of a prankster, how could he let it go like that. He fakes a cough to bring him out of Nandini's thoughts.

Manik looks at Cabir and finds him smirking. He turned his head to other side and shut his eyes cursing himself under his breath.

Cab: Why hide when the damage is already done?

Man: What?! Please Cabir, don't get any rubbish ideas.

Cab: I just asked among these kids, whose smile is the most beautiful and you took Nandini's name, then how did I get any rubbish ideas?

Man: So what, you were asking me and I wanted to ask you that why has Nandini brought us here, but you are walking on a different path only!

Cab: Oh really? Trying to act smart with Cabir?

Their conversation was interrupted by:

Nan: Kids, see 6 new friends have come to meet you, and they have even brought snacks for you, so come on, first be friends with them and then they'll give you some snacks.

Nav (to Nan): But Nandini, I didn't bring anything here, I didn't know that you would call me here.

Nan: No issues Navya, take these I bought these on the way. You give it on your behalf.

Navya looks at Nandini with appreciation and takes the chocolate from her with a smile.

Fab 5 and Navya were standing in a row and kids came to them 

--*--*--*--*--

New chapter for all.

Do you prefer short daily updates or long weekly/bi-weekly updates?

Keep voting and commenting.

Love Love

Anks