22. Flashback - 1

Date published: 22.04.22

Words: 1000+ Words

--*--*--*--*--

Flashback

It was fresher's party in Space School of Business where every student's attendance was made a compulsion. The hall was decorated beautifully where one side eating arrangements were done, the other side had a huge stage and sitting arrangements. The sitting arrangements had round tables with 5 chairs alloted for every table. Nandini, being punctual had reached on time. Since she had not made friends with anyone and everyone made fun of her dressing sense, no one approached either. She went and took a seat at one of the tables. Soon half of the hall got filled by students, some had occupied the stage and were dancing, some were just gobbling up the food and some were sitting randomly. Fab 5 had reached late in the party, and were in no mood of dancing, so they just wanted to occupy a table and be with themselves. Looking around the hall, they found almost all the table's occupied, leaving Nandini's, where she was sitting alone, busy in her mobile. Fab 5 proceeded towards her in full attitude.

Al: Hey you, whatever your name is, just get up and leave this table. We want to sit here.

Nandini didn't even budge on hearing Alya

Al (raising volume): Hellooo!! Are you deaf or what? I said get up and leave.

Nandini looks at her and closes her ear and gives an irritated look. 

Muk: What the hell, how dare you ignore her? Didn't you hear what she just said? Get up and go find yourself another place because we, Fab 5 want to sit here.

Nandini again gives no response. This increased their temper.

Cab: Madam (looking at her from top to bottom), ya madam it is, do you hear loud?  Or you don't understand english, she told you to vacate the place. Didn't you hear?

Nan: I heard.

This gives them a shock, she heard yet not obliged, that's something that has never happened with Fab 5.

Dhr: If you heard it, then why didn't you oblige?

Nan: Because I don't want to.

Manik was loosing all his temper. How dare a newbie insult his friends. He points a finger at her and says..

Man: Listen you Miss whatever, how dare you not accept what she is asking you to?

Nan: First of all it's Nandini, and secondly she never "asked" me. She just kept forward what she "wanted" and that too in the most rude way. And I too, just kept forward what I "want" but in a polite way.

Al: How bloody dare you call me rude? Who the hell do you think of yourself? Do you know who we are?  We are the Fab 5, and we want to sit here on this table, so now just get up and leave.

Nan: Well, thanks for the introduction but I don't wish to get up from here as you can see, all other tables are full but yes if you want, you guys can adjust yourself on these 4 chairs, I won't mind sharing the table.

Muk: Are you crazy? Do you think we Fab 5 will share our table, that too with you? No ways!!

Nan: As you wish.

Manik was about to yell when suddenly the principal begins with his welcome speech.

_______________________________________________________

Muk: How dare she? What does she think of herself? She is behaving as if she is the queen of this college.

Al: Queen? Look at her Mukti, look at her dressing sense, who comes to fresher's party wearing such clothes? And on top of that, she was dreaming of sharing the table with us, huh, but the end point is she just refuses to give up and now we are here, standing in the middle with no place to sit.

Dhr: Relax Alya, don't worry. We can go and sit on any table.

Muk: Yeah, she is a newbie here. She is the only who dared to go against us, because she wouldn't say a word if she knew wo we are.

Man: But we need to teach her a lesson. How dare she call Alya rude!

Manik goes towards Nandini's table, he removes his jacket and keeps it on one of the chairs, Nandini sees him but doesn't say anything.

Man (faking a smile): I hope you don't mind me keeping my jacket here.

Nan: It's college's property and not mine, I don't mind.

Manik leaves and goes towards the centre after signalling something to Fab 5.

All lights get dimmed and a spot light falls on Manik, who is standing in the middle of the stage with a mic.

Man: Hello people!!!! Hope you freshers are enjoying!!

Students hoot on hearing him.

Man: Well, it seems so. Ok I know that all of you must have really worked hard and spent a lot of time and money to get into your best of looks especially girls (wink) so I thought why not we give you all some appreciation in the form of a small gift. What say?

And students start hooting and go crazy after his surprise announcement.

Man: Ok so, I must say all of you are looking really well but as the rule says, only one winner. So here is the winner, a person who has dressed in an extraordinary way, completely different from others. So guys, please welcome the winner on the stage, Ms. Nandini Murthy.

Another spotlight falls on Nandini and she gets a bit confused.

Man: Miss Nandini, can we please have you on stage.

Nandini, being unaware of Fab 5's intention and mischief, goes to the stage. She stood at some distance from Manik.

Man: so guys, please give a round of applause for the winner of the most unique student, Ms. Nandini.

Before students could clap, Alya speaks up loudly.

Al: But Manik, you didn't tell us that whom is she representing, the girls or the boys? Because she looks like a girl but her dressing is just of the boys or is it that she is representing both?

All start laughing at Nandini. Nandini looks at Alya and finds Fab 4 sitting on the table that she had occupied. Nandini now understands Manik's motive of calling her upon the stage. She looks at Manik who was giving her an evil smile.

--*--*--*--*--

Part 2 in the next chapter.

Sorry guys, exam are soon going to start so won't be able to update as earlier.

Love Love

Anks