36. A complete Package

Date published: 19.06.22

Words: 920+ Words

--*--*--*--*--

Ar: I am too famished, serve food no, Mumma!

Fab 5 and Navya get shocked on hearing Arohi calling Nandini mumma.

Man (self talk): Mumma?!!! Arohi is Nandini's daughter? How can this be possible? Nandini is way too young, she is only 19. And Arohi is atleast 3 years old. How is this possible? How can Nandini have a child?

Nan: Yes my lifeline, come let's eat.

She settles down with Arohi in her lap. And starts feeding her from her plate.

 And starts feeding her from her plate

L.M.: What happened kids? Start eating.

Nav: Mumma? Nandu, Arohi calls mumma, but  doesn't she say you are her best friend?

Nan: Relationships don't change despite changing their name.

This confuses them more.

L.M.: Yes, and Arohi's best friend is Nanda only. Actually,..

Nan: Ruhiii... RUhiii... Stop, Stop, dear finish your food first.

Arohi had jumped out from Nandini's lap and was running around the dining area making Nandini chase her and this interrupted Lara Maa's talk.

L.M.: Here goes the daily ritual. She does this every single time. Arohi likes it when Nanda pampers her, that is why she intentionally troubles her, she knows that Nanda will never leave her. You people continue your meal, these guys will come soon.

Nav: Nandu loves Arohi a lot.

L.M.: the way a mother loves her child.

Manik gets a weird bad feeling on hearing these talks. He wasn't able to digest that Arohi is Nandini's daughter. He somewhere hoped all this to be a misconception but why was he hoping this, he didn't had any idea?

Cabir was all the time observing him. He too was shocked to hear all this but instead of jumping on the conclusion, he thought of clearing it with Lara Maa.

Here, Nandini and Arohi were running everywhere in the orphanage. Nandini used to catch hold of Arohi and feed her a morsel and then let her roam around. Nandini then slows down to let her chew her food. This continued till Nandini completed Arohi's plate. Now Arohi was sleepy, she gestured Nandini to carry her. Nandini carried her in her arms and Arohi put her head on Nandini's shoulder and slept peacefully.

All went aww on them when Nandini entered the dining area.

L.M.: Slept?

Nan: Of course, what other work does she have? First run and make me tired then sleep peacefully.

L.M.: Right, as if you don't enjoy this at all! If she makes you tired, then why don't you give her a scolding?

Nan: No one has the right to scold her, not even me. And she shows tantrums only in front of me, so let her do whatever she wants.

L.M.: Not just her, everyone here shows tantrums to you.

Nan: That is true but you are included in that too.

L.M.: What do I do? You have made us habitual of your pampering.

Nandini smiles listening her Lara Maa talk like this.

Cab: Thank you aunty, the food was delicious, it was an awesome meal. Now I will definitely come again to have food made by your hands. You will make this again, right? Especially this butter chicken.

L.M.: You can come anytime you wish. But food, especially this butter chicken, I can serve you only when Nanda is here, because she has made this.

All were again surprised to know that Nandini had cooked.

Cab: Nandini, you made this? You are a complete package man. By the way it was damn tasty. Right Manik?

Man: Huh?

Cab: Huh What huh? I said that Butter Chicken made by Nandini was delicious. What do you think?

Man (somewhat angry): I think we are getting late, we should leave.

Nan (self talk): What happened to him? He was fine uptil now.

Muk: Right aunty, Thank you so much for today.

Al: And we would come again.

L.M.: Do come, consider this as your home.

Nav: Ok Nandu, I'll also take a leave.

Nan: Navya, wait. I also need to go for work, I'll drop you. I'll just go make Arohi sleep properly.

Nav: Ok, I'll wait for you.

Fab 5 bid bye and were leaving when Lara Maa calls out from back..

Manik!

Man: Yes aunty.

Lara Maa goes to him and with love and affection, she places her hand on Manik's head and blesses him. 

L.M.: Thank you dear

Man (confused): For what?

L.M.: Though you have done a lot already, like you brought donuts, fulfilled Arohi's wish, and then performed for Tarush but this thank you was not for these.

Man: Then

L.M.: This thank you is for bringing a smile on my daughter's face. To make Nandini laugh. Since the day Nandini has arrived, till today for the first time I have seen her laugh so peacefully. The same way she used to do earlier. You now made me witness the same Nandini she was 2 years ago.

Thank you dear. I hope Lord sends someone in your life so that you also get a reason to smile and laugh like that. Bless you.

Saying so she leaves from there, Manik on one hand was happy to know that he was the reason behind Nandini's laughter and on the other hand he was confused as to what would have happened 2 years ago.

With these thoughts he makes a move and goes bidding bye to all the kids.

Cabir followed Lara Maa and calls her when she was alone.

Cab: Aunty I wanted to have a word with you.

--*--*--*--*--

Now will Manik continue music and Fab 5 or is it just for orphanage day and challenge 5?

Keep showering your love.

Love Love

Anks.