20. Does Manik get affected?

Date published: 19.04.2022

Words: 1000+ Words

--*--*--*--*--

Cab comes to Malhotra Mansion, and goes to the gym.

Cab: What's up dude?

Man: Nothing, just working out.

Cab: So all set?

Man: For what?

Cab: Day after tomorrow, we need to spend an entire day with Nandini right, with our one day's pocket money.

Man: Not the entire day, she just said from morning.

Cab: Oh Wow, you pay this much attention to Nandini's words? I am impressed, I wish I heard professors' lectures like this.

Manik stops working out and glares at Cabir.

Cab: What?

Man: Come to the point Cabir.

Cab: Ok fine, What is going on? Why are you doing something you don't want to? Why are you so adamant for winning this challenge?

Man (looking here and there): There's nothing going on Cabir, how many times should I tell you this? I told you that I am not affected by Nandini.

Cab (raising his volume): Oh really Manik! Whom are you selling this shit to? You know and I know, we both know how badly you get affected by Nandini. You are affected by Nandini, by her name, by her words, by her actions, why don't you accept this?

Manik (anger): I told you this doesn't affect me. I am not affected by it.

Cab: Oh really? So you really don't care about whatever happened today? Tell me you weren't affected by how people were laughing and mocking at Nandini.

Manik goes towards his room where Cabir follows.

Cab: Tell me Manik, it didn't matter to you when people were calling her a driver, a commoner? Tell me you didn't really care when those shitty heads were passing obsolete comments on Nandini.

Tell me why are you silent huh? It  really didn't affect you when that guy talked about double fare? You didn't get affected right when that guy spoke about other satisfaction?

(Manik was all red due to anger, listening to Cabir and recalling all those filthy talks about Nandini, he got so furious recalling all that, he just carried the glass table and threw it on the floor, crashing it into pieces.)

Man: Aaahhhhhhh...

Just shut up Cabir, not a word more.

Cabir sees his reaction and grins.

Cab: And you say you are not affected, stop running away from yourself and stop maintaining distance from others Manik.

Patting his shoulders, he continued:

Enough workout for today, go and sleep. Good night.

Manik punches a wall nearby and says while grinding his jaws: Nandiniiiii

_______________________________________________________

Nan: Aiyappa, I knew Fab 5 would play a big prank with me but I never thought they would go this extent.

But I am glad that Neyonika ma'am shared about Fab 5 with me.

Neyonika ma'am (sighing in pain) I don't know why I feel a motherly affection from her, the way she told me that she is always there for me, how I was longing to hear that from someone.

But today, I also saw that pain in her eyes, maybe its because of Manik leaving his music..

I am glad that they did this prank with me, at least I could talk about the importance of one's individuality, maybe they would think about music again, that's why I questioned about their individual personality, I know only this single attempt won't be enough and that's why I have given them those conditions. I just want to give them that push, I know that maybe even after these attempts I might not be able to relieve Neyonika ma'am from her pain but at least I can try and maybe this is the pain that I saw in Manik's eyes.

"Mom, music doesn't live in me, I live in music"

She recalls how Neyonika told her about Manik's passion for music.

Nan: I don't know what is the reason that Manik left his music, but I know that somewhere this is the reason of their pain, of Manik and Neyonika's pain and now I will try my best to give them some relief from this pain. Aiyappa, please help me to get through this.

_______________________________________________________

A new day, a new morning. Nandini had lots of things roaming in her head, she was having some flashback.

Person: Princess, where are you dear?

A girl comes running down and hugs the person tightly.

Girl: I am here popsy, I missed you so much.

Per: Oh my dear, I missed you too darling. Listen, I heard you helped a young man who had met with an accident while coming back home, how is he now?

Girl: Oh that guy (getting angry) you know popsy, he was the same guy who had punctured my car's tyre the other day. I didn't even want to help him but driver said that there is no one around to help him that's why I helped him (giving a grumpy look)

Per: And that is why I am very proud of you. Princess, today I want to give you a piece of advice and I want you to remember it all your life.

Girl: What is that?

Per: You know dear, your Aiyappa has created animals and human beings, both take birth, eat, grow, survive, give birth, and then die. Both are similar yet a lot different. Do you know how?

Girl: How?

Per: Humans are blessed with thinking power to differentiate between good and bad, right and wrong, whereas animals are not and it is this thinking power that makes us humans and not animals. But this is not it, it is the duty of every human to show humanity to help others when needed even if they don't ask you for help and you feel you can help them,  then you should. Remember dear, an animal also survives for itself, but a successful person is the one whose existence not only benefits himself but also other, so I always want that you keep helping people, and feel the satisfaction after getting a smile on their faces. It does not matter if they help you in return or not, will you do this for me?

Girl (nodding): Yes popsy, I will, I promise. You are my idol, popsy.

Per (smiling): and you are my PRINCESS dear.

Nandini was brought to present by continuous ringing of her phone, she receives the call.

--*--*--*--*--

Further updates may not be daily due to my upcoming exams, but would try my best to give one.

Keep voting and commenting.

Love Love

Anks.