1. First View

Date Published: 01.04.2022

Words: 900+ Words

A young handsome man, lying on his stomach with duvet failing to cover his large devil tattoo on his back is completely unaffected by the sunrays which are falling in his dark room. A woman in her mid 40's comes with a tray carrying a cup of earl grey tea and a sweet smile on her face. She comes and sits beside the man n ruffles his hair.

Lady: Come on Manu, Wake up time

The man is none other than Manik Malhotra

Manik moves and places his head in her lap and covers his face with veil of the lady's saree.

Man: Let me sleep more Mom.

Nyo: No Manu, Come on, it is time to wake up... My little bear will wake up now.

And Bingo! A million dollar smile appears on Manik's face. He just loves how his mother calls him little bear lovingly. It was a deal between them, every morning Neyonika would wake him up by calling little bear, and in return, he would smile to his fullest and give her a kiss on cheek. As soon as Manik got up to give his mom a kiss, there came a loud THUD!!!

Manik was sleeping on the edge of his bed and soon as he got up to kiss his mother, he fell down with a loud noise, breaking his beautiful dream which was once a reality.

Every night he would work out till every cell of his body yell in pain and till his fail in staying open, and every morning he would fall from the bed, breaking his beautiful dream every morning. This was how his nights ended and morning started. This is Manik Malhotra, a completely worn out soul now.

A knock on his door brings him out of his thoughts, and there comes his soulie, his reflection, Cabir, who goes and settles himself on ground next to him.

Cab: It is a different view from here

Man: What view?

Cab: Ah.. Outside view... just look at it bro... I can see the sky is blue ..... Can you also see?

Man: What nonsense Cabir.... Are you drunk early in the morning? How can you talk so rubbish always?

Cab: I never talk rubbish.  😏

Both go silent for sometime.

Cab: Manik, Share it, you will feel lighter.

Man: There is nothing to share Cabir.

Cab: Oh really? Then mind telling me why were you sitting on the floor when you have a huge bed, a big sofa and chairs in your room to sit on? Or were you calculating the area of your room? Come on Manik, you know you can't hide it from me... Just let it out.

Man: What should I let out when there is nothing but emptiness in me. You are just overthinking.

Saying this, Manik goes to the washroom to get ready for college.

Cabir self-talk: Till when Manik? Till when will you keep everything hidden in you? I know whatever happened in past is still fresh in your mind, and it will remain fresh till you don't let it go. What bothers me is you never share, you never speak about that incident. I hope and pray that God sends some angel to help you overcome this incident and fill this void in you.

Manik comes out of washroom and both move towards the college. On reaching the hall, Vishal calls them.

Vis: Good Morning son! How are you this morning? See, your earl grey tea is waiting for you.

Man: Good morning Dad! How are you?

Vis: Manik, you don't answer a question by asking another question! Anyways, your eyes say that you didn't had a very peaceful night isn't it?

Before Manik says something,

Nyo: Of course his eyes depict the story of his night... He was out all night partying, least bothered that his parents might be worried for him.

Cab: No aunty actually....

Man: Bye dad, we are getting late for college. Come Cabir.

Saying this, he stopped Cabir from saying anything and left the house. Vishal gestures Cabir to take care of Manik and to make him have his breakfast. Cabir nods and leaves.

Vis: Neyo, why can't you forget the past and let him come close to you again? You know he loves you and misses you, And I know you too love and miss him. And that is why you have been making his Early Grey Tea since forever.

Nyo: It's him who has distanced himself from us, not me.

Vis: Really Neyo? The way you behave with him, your rudeness is clear from your talks and tone. Please Neyo, it has been 3 Years now. I don't understand, you love him but you can't accept him, why?

Nyo: I need to go, there is a board meeting in college, I can't be late. See you...

This is the everyday scenario of the Malhotra Mansion, where Manik avoids going close to his own parents, answers their questions by counter questions, his Dad tries getting him closer to them, making the environment light, and his mother giving him taunts as his good morning wish.

But was it same way 3 years ago? Or was the scene totally different? And would it continue to be like this or would God really fulfill Cabir's wish and send an Angel in Manik's life?

--*--*--*--*--

Hello people, this is the first Chapter. This is not my original book, I have no rights over this. This story solely belongs to @itshappieme The original book is Bol Do Na Zara but it has Hindi Dialogues. With due permission I am rewriting in English.

Hope you guys like it.

Love Love 

Anks